Fall 2021 Bedrock Release Tuesday July 20. Save the date

And…there goes the rest of the wine “budget” for the year

Lots of favorites on this release! I’ll be in for Bedrock, Old Hill, Monte Rosso (sounds like a killer vintage!), Esola, Gibson, Enz, and possibly Wirz.

And we #NailedIt with the 18 Cab call. Depending on the price, I might snag one of those.

Just had to use a fire extinguisher on my wallet.

Is this Gibson new? Don’t recall a Syrah heritage blend before. Interesting to see Morgan’s take on a GS(M?) blend.

Nope, I have a 13 and 15 in the cellar. I think those were the only 2 vintages but don’t quote me on that. [cheers.gif]

I don’t think it’s exceedingly rare. We purchased a couple of 2018 Esola when we visited the tasting room in April this year.

1 Like

Tuesday will be like Christmas in July …. Looking forward to this release!

Ode to Lucien also a take on GSM…

I thought Lucien was almost all, if not all Mourvèdre.

My credit card is weeping waiting for this release to drop. I keep trying to re-balance my cellar but this release habitually keeps Bedrock at the top of the cellar.

TW

You’re right, more of an MGS (it is an ode to Tempier after all)

You’re right, more of an MGS (it is an ode to Tempier after all…)

I don’t have my last bottle in front of me but my notes on the 13 I drank earlier this year referenced GSM, and I believe its referenced on the back label.

You rebalance by ordering different Bedrock bottlings.

Ugh that T5… 2 barrels? Fingers and toes crossed

I dropped a few long term sorta favorites just so I could go deep on my really, really favorites. Bedrock being one of those.

I’m very curious why you’ve chosen Esola as your hit list item? Don’t get me wrong - it’s in my top 3-4 wines that Bedrock makes, but it gets far less attention and doesn’t have the story of several other wines in this release from more storied sites (Bedrock, Monte Rosso, Evangelho and Old Hill would generally be included in most people’s lists of Grand Cru CA heritage sites).

For what it’s worth, I’ve also found it easy to source Esola from retailers such as K&L and Zachys.

It’s more like an MSG.

Re-listening to the podcast from the spring where Morgan first explains the 2019 Lucien, and he says 95% Bedrock Mourvèdre. He also says it’s different from prior versions.

Commenting