Falltacular 2018--Saturday, 2/17/2018 @ My Place In The OC

Will have the lodging details available soon.

Checks in the mail, Thanks for all you do Frank!

Check was mailed and has already been cashed.
Did I jump the gun?

Can you provide a list of wines that will be featured?

Kevin, that would be a HUGE list - probably, what, 200 wines from (primarily) CA? It’s an incredible tasting - unlike anything you’ve been to. That’s why the repeat ‘business’ is so consistent.

Kevin, the Todd is correct. We usually feature between 130-150 different wines every year. Often what we see are the same wineries contributing year over year, so we’ll see Loring, August West, Tercero, Sojourn etc putting in the new vintage of the same cuvee each year. The continuity by so many wineries is what makes the event so cool to put on.

If you click on the link in post #1, you can see the list of committed wines beginning to evolve. Overt the next 8 weeks, the list will fill in completely.

And even if there were only a couple of wines – this is a great event. And a great cause!!! It is an honor just to be tasting and grilling with this group.

Check is in the mail and hotel reservation made!

Cheers!
Marshall champagne.gif

Has the “usual” hotel been contacted and rooms put aside?

Yes sir. Details to be posted shortly. Same place and same price.

Lodging Details!!

Best Western Plus Marina Shores
34280 Pacific Coast Highway
Dana Point CA 92629
(800) 232-3262 or (949) 248-1000

Please contact the front desk to reserve your room. You MUST use the phrase “Laura’s House Falltacular” when reserving to get the group pricing that was offered. These rooms are held until 1/19/18 and will then be released to the hotel’s general inventory. The price is the same as last year at $119 & $109. Standard and AAA rates for the weekend are noted. Use these savings in the auction!!

King Whirlpool Suites- $119 ($190, AAA- $162)
Two Room King Suites- $119 ($180, AAA- $162)
Standard King Suites- $109 ($170, AAA- $162)
Standard Queen Double- $109 ($160, AAA- $162)

Parking is again included, saving $20 for a 2 night stay. (Auction $$$)

The hotel is really looking forward to hosting us during our stay are fully committed to the cause behind Laura’s House. If you or your friends are in the area and looking for lodging, please consider the Best Western Plus, Marina Shores and mention you have stayed here before for Laura’s House to let them know you are appreciative to the savings they offer us.

Contact me with any questions regarding the lodging.
Cheers,
Mike Stoneking

King, thanks for handling the hotel again this year–really appreciate the support with this part of things.

Good evening everyone. I just updated the Event File. Of note, we are now just about 50% of the way to being sold out, with 70 people paid. We are going to get to our sold-out point very quickly so I would ask that all of you remind whomever you feel you need to if they have indicated they want to attend, but have yet to act (or don’t know it is time to act). Aside from Facebook here, as well as my posts over on Wine Berserkers, these are the ONLY channels where the event is puiblicized. And, to be fair to everyone and consistent, I will not accept more people once I call the event sold out so get your checks in now, don’t wait.
Thanks everyone, the support is really humbling.

As always, Frank, I would like to help with set-up if I can.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I got you on the schedule now.

To everyone else who may be following this thread or noodling on attending…please act now, as we’re at 105 paid already. When the remaining 25 slots or so are gone, I am starting the wait list.

Frank: I am not a super duper computer person but how come I (we) look different on the “drop box” sheet? [scratch.gif]

Cheers!
Marshall

Fixed. Was an error on my end. You now ‘look’ like the rest of the list. champagne.gif

Frank:
Thanks! Now I have to go look for some wines for the silent auction. [wink.gif]

Cheers!
Marshall champagne.gif

Good evening everyone. We have sold out the event.

Starting tomorrow, 12/12, we will begin a wait list for all checks that are received. As checks now come in, we’ll make contact with the owner of the check to see if they wish to be placed on the wait list (and their check held aside) until we can see if anyone drops out.

I have been up front about the hard stop on attendance and I apologize to anyone who may now be wait listed. I am serious about keeping the house comfortable and the only way to do this is to cap the attendance.

If I am able to squeak in another 6-8 people, I will. It’s going to depend on winemaker attendance, as they are encouraged to attend and based on how many make the trip and enjoy the day with us will determine how many off the wait list I can sub in. More to come as we get closer but if you do want to attend, my advice is to get on the wait list and let’s see what we are able to do in February.

I want to thank everyone for their dedicated support, as we have raised $13,000 so far, and we have not even built the silent auction yet. Bravo.

Nicely done, Frank!

Bruce

Congrats indeed - and I will be one of the winemakers definitely in attendance once again! Wouldn’t miss it! (and I’ll be driving back and up to Paso the next day for the Rhone Rangers event there!!!)

Cheers!