"Fantastic Value!"

I appreciate that you listed specific vintages, William.

2016 Villa Antonori Tuscana. I’ve yet to find another $13 red that compares, although I’ll always take recommendations!

2016 El Enemigo Chardonnay. I’ve heard this can be had at Costco for $18-$20. I paid $25 and still felt it a great value.

Saint Cosme Côte du Rhône. ‘17 or ‘18, it’s a delicious pure Syrah. If you can find it for $14, a screaming deal, still great value under $20.

Blackbird Arise ‘14 and ‘16. Very refined and supple at half the price of blackbird’s flagship wines.

Fun topic! Looking forward to seeing other wines.

Yes!!! I can’t source it anymore.

+++

René-Henri Coutier Blanc de Blancs $39
Paul Dethune Brut Rosé $39
2008 Dom Pérignon $160

2008 Dom Pérignon $160 - that choice is totally within the parameters of the question and I love that you included it, Warren.

We are currently enjoying the Domaine Cabirau wines from brother Dan Kravitz.

As you will have inferred, I buy it in France, so your post prompted me to look at wine-searcher. Wow, it sure has appreciated in the last couple of years! I still think it represents comparative value as I would rather drink des Tours than many more expensive wines from the southern Rhône, but the sticker shock is indeed significant.

2015 Ruston Family “Cuvée Mahalia”

Want to add the NV Gonet-Medeveille Brut Tradition to my list, I’m tasting it now and see it’s sub $40 in parts of the US. Concentrated, complex, textural, and ages well under cork - really excellent in the context of NV Brut on the marketplace.

Does not get any more “recent” than that, William!

White
2016 El Enemigo Chardonnay - about $23
Any single vineyard Kumeu River Chard. Stay away from their “Village” wine. ( I paid $20 for the 2017). Seriously disappointed.

I agree with many already listed, but these also qualify

Chateau Lanessan-last vintage I bought was 2009 for $16

Laherte Freres BdB

Sunier Morgon and Fleurie

Scherrer Zinfandel on futures

2008 DP

Two from Italy:

2016 Felsina Chianti Classico Riserva and 2017 Tenuta Di Sesta Rosso Di Montalcino.

Ed

Donnhoff GGs in top vintages

Loire Chenin Blanc from top producers … Guiberteau Breze and Huet Vouvray 1er Tries

Barthod Bourgogne Bon Bontons

Inspired by William’s earlier post #29 on a wine that he was actually currently tasting, I offer this wine that we currently have open. (I have commented positively about it previously on WB.)
2017 William Fevre Chablis “Champs Royaux. Very dry though not austere, lemon all around (meyer lemon?) steely mineral, not thin at all. Maybe slightly less fruit than previously opened bottles. A ‘fantastic value’ for less than $20.

Super easy to find in NJ but I imagine once you pay to ship…not quite the same qpr

Fèvre '17s are great!

Most recently tasted is NV Robert Moncuit Les Mesnil BdB (‘15-‘14 blend). Offered on sale under $40 it’s a real steal and a style it’s easy for geeks and non-geeks to love.

Most recently bought is probably NV Sabine Godme Grand Cru Blancs de Noirs at ~$35. I love this Champagne, which is Pinot dominated but appears to have some Meunier adding complexity.

But many wines qualify this year.

Joh Jos Prum.
Oh, wait, I already said that.