Favorite California Rhone Blends

Sounds like I may need to expand on my numbers and budget :slight_smile:

Campesino
Bedrock
Ledge
Tercero
Two Shepherds

Prospect 772

One of my favorites is a little-known Dry Creek producer called Trattore Farms. Estate fruit (their Grenache is particularly compelling), great people, and interesting, immediately drinkable wines. Their Rhône whites are really fabulous—single varietal marssane, roussane, viognier, and a blend called mR. I suggest you give them a look.

Those youngsters with their fancy schmancy new ideas…

Another shout out for Two Shepherds

Jolie-Laide Grenache/Syrah blend is one of my top wines every vintage. Love what Scott Schultz is doing with reds and whites.

Tom

Casa Dumetz makes an excellent GSM from Santa Ynez area.

Thanks everyone! Just ordered some of the Edmunds St. John and Dirty & Rowdy as a start. Will be keeping this thread saved as a reference over the near future.

Larry,

Are you forgetting one of your neighbors? Cuvee Le Bec.
Have not had it lately but tempted.

Joel,

Good call - Beckmen usually over delivers on that one for the price. Give it a shot.

Another one to get your hands on is Kunin’s Pape Star - though Seth may not be with us anymore, that wine lives on, and his wife will be carrying on with the label . . .

For straight Syrah, Cabot

Great call here. Really nice wines at a great price plus some of the nicest people you will meet.

Nicora + 1 (my 2017 Winery of the Year)

There are plenty worth mentioning, but the one that immediately came to my mind was Tablas Creek.

I am thoroughly enjoying this thread.

I would be very appreciative if anyone cared to share whether a blend mentioned was Syrah-, Grenache-based, or Mourvedre-dominant. My humble opinion is that that makes a world of difference in the final product’s style. :slight_smile:

+1

Why only California? Just wondering. If it is a Cali profile, disregard my reco.

Matello Fools Journey (Oregon) is around $30.

Jason