FedEx Craziness

Well, Markus…four of them arrived in Phoenix late ystrday afternoon, Wed. It still says they are/were to be delivered by end of day on Wed.
The other 4 hit Phoenix early Wed evening & are indicated to be delivered by end of day today (Thurs). Yeah…sure!!
I don’t give the FedEx estimate of delivery any credence until it says it’s arrived in SantaFe and indicated “Out for Delivery”. The “In Transit”
estimates always appear to be made by FedEx gerbils.
Once it says “Out for Delivery”, then I’m sure it will arrive. Only the end game means anything. And my FedEx guy is very good & he always comes
thru w/ the goods.
We’ve been ordering from Mike “from the very start”, as some folks say. I order for some 10-12 folks & Mike always takes good care of our wants/needs.
Tom

The gerbils are getting better at their game. They now say tomorrow (Fri) by end of day. We’ll see!!
Tom

Finally got my FedEx wine shipment from Envoyer after nine days (normally takes 3). And the ultimate insult is the link to their “how was our service” survey is an invalid URL.

Actually had FedEx deliver an overnight package on time today. SHOCKER.

I just got the dreaded FedEx message ‘unable to complete delivery due to damage’. Should be an interesting phone call tomorrow.

In what languages are you fluent?

Warning - - - Thread drift for a true story.

About 25 years ago, we had friends who lived in Utah. They were originally from India. Not Mormons. They told us that their reputation in the community was that they were horrible alcoholics because they were always going to the liquor store to by large amounts of hard liquor . . . for their Mormon friends who couldn’t be seen buying the stuff themselves.

1 Like

Probably not enough. The note says to contact shipper, which is Winebid. What is really weird is it was out for delivery today (I had it set to deliver to a FedEx location anyway) and now with the damage, whatever that turns out to be, it’s now showing as getting delivered Monday. Not sure what they are planning on doing with the box over the next three days.

What really sucks is that unlike retail or winery purchases, where the wines could likely be replaced, auction wines often can’t. There are definitely bottles in this shipment that are in the ‘not replaceable’ category.

So… the 4 pairs(8 cases) left the Phoenix depot at Noon ystrday (Thurs). The tracking site indicated 2 pairs were to be delivered by end of day on (last) Wed, the other pair on Thurs. Yeah…sure.

This morning, it indicated that all 4 pairs her the SantaFe depot at 4:00am this morning (Fri). Loaded on truck & out for delivery today. But it also indicates delivery on Wed & Thurs. The FedEx tracking gerbils are not the best & the brightest. But they’re smarter than the AI chat software.

Ryan is good, so hopefully all 8 Carlisles will hit my doorstep today.
Tom

My issues with FedEx have been 2 out of the last 3 times in the past 2 months or so I’ve requested to hold something at location (one a FedEx/Kinkos and one the FedEx regional distro) and both times I never got a status update or tracking update showing it was there and available for pick up. After 3-4 days of when it should have been to me I finally called and double checked it was there before going.

Just got off the phone with Winebid…apparently FedEx policy is that the entire shipment must be returned to WB, as they are the shipper. Then WB assesses if anything is still viable, files a claim with FedEx, I get refunded for the stuff that was destroyed and Winebid re-ships the stuff that is intact.

There were some birth year wines in this box, and I’m just assuming the worst that the whole thing is destroyed rather than getting my hopes up.

A few months ago, I was expecting a six pack via FedEx shipped to a nearby hub
The bottles were rattling inside a large cubical box as it was carried to the counter. The tape on the top of the box had been thrown into place, not intended to keep the top sealed.
I reached under the exposed and unattached tape and popped the top open to find a tied large clear plastic bag with four bottles and two wet wine stained corrugated cardboard trays from the original shipping box sliding around in it.
I started taking photos as did the FedEx clerk when I asked her to fill out a damage report on the spot.

“Well, here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten me into” by Laurel and Hardy popped into my reality. I checked with the store a couple of weeks ago to find FedEx had not moved forward beyond acknowledging the claim. My patience had been tested and I remained calm and focused on a resolution.

The stored refunded my entire order. I believe they had a cargo insurance policy with zero claims against it. I was their first claim after many years of doing business and previously shipping exclusively with stryo shippers–another worthy story of shipping woes, but vs the garbage sphere of our environment.
As for FedEx, FugEm.

All 8 cs of Carlisles just arrived OK.
Time to start Pobega’in those suckers.
Tom

Wow, they sound like amazing people to put up with all that.

FedEx has been whack lately for several deliveries.

They were supposed to deliver my Carlisle order on Thursday, then Friday, then yesterday. Now, it has a delivery date of tomorrow but also says “delivery exception - unable to deliver - damaged package”.

I guess we’ll see what happens tomorrow. If it doesn’t come, I’ll reach out to the winery and see what they want to do.

NIce one yesterday (after mostly excellent service).

Get notice wine has been delivered. Nothing at door. Nothing on doorbell cam showing Fedex. No signature shown online.

Figure maybe they marked delivered and will come back later for actual delivery.

Nope. Turns out they left it at the bottom of our front stairs near the sidewalk, at the bottom of the hillside we live on. Daughter found it when she headed off to school . . .

They have been asking me to sign again for the past couple of months.

I’ve had a ton of problems with both ups and Fedex lately. This week I’ve had packages with Rousseau and DRC marked as delivered with the packages nowhere to be found. One was delivered to my neighbor and the other was still on the truck…

There is a saying in Utah that you should always invite at least 2 Mormons over, because if you invite just one they’ll drink all your booze.

2 Likes

Fun with UPS today. Got the notification yesterday for four cases arriving today. Truck shows up right when expected, but with only one case. Driver says he noticed it was one case of four, and double-checked and confirmed it was on another truck and not his. (Nice of him to do that.) The tracking updates to show the other three cases will be delivered between 2 and 7 PM, and then about 4:30 PM tracking changes to between 2 and 5 PM, so I figure I’m gold. Of course they never show and tracking just switched to a Monday delivery.

Since I presume they were on a truck for delivery today, I’m guessing they sit on a truck all weekend. It’s supposed to hit 70 degrees tomorrow but just for a couple of hours, but who knows how warm that means in the truck if it’s sitting on a lot. I’m guessing everything will be fine because it’s been cold and it will be around 40 at night, so I doubt the bottles will warm up too much. Sunday will only be in the 50’s and all the nights are supposed to be cold. Anything to worry about here?