FINAL: My first trip to Burgundy -- tips, notes -- last update

Among many wonderful sentences, this was my favorite.

“There was a bit of gastronomic foam, but in this case it worked”

Many thanks for sharing Matthew.

This was a fantastic tour through your trip! Thank you for sharing!

That place had three bottles of 1972 Faiveley Musigny last month. I didn’t ask how much.

Matthew, great notes and photos. I was downstairs in Mon Millesime in June when a Chinese buyer, with his translator, was going through all of their stock and buying (literally) half of it. It was quite a sight!

Thanks for sharing your heartfelt writing; it made a great read. I have one bottle of the 2002 Corton (rouge) and would be happy to share it with you, though I’m guessing it won’t be at its best for another few years.

Very nice! Sounds like a great adventure. Enjoy the 83 Ganoux. The color looks perfect.

I know I’m kicking up an old thread, but even four years later, this is still a fantastic bit of info! I’m hoping to get to Burgundy in May (assuming COVID cooperates) and have already logged much of your trip into my map! Thanks for taking the time to put all this together.

Loved these fantastic writeups. More Matt King travel posts, please!

Thanks Curtis. My fan base will have to wait until this pandemic plays out. flirtysmile

But after that, it’s gonna be the Roaring '20s! I hope to finally make my first trip to German wine country, a tour I had to cancel last spring as Covid took hold. I hope to share my impressions later this year.

2 Likes

If you do make it to Germany drop me a note. I’ve been living in Berlin for the last 10 years. Maybe I can meet you for a fine meal in the wine country.

Thank you as well! I have a hopeful trip this July 4 week - crossing fingers!! This thread is incredible.

Really enjoyed rereading this just now. After one year of not traveling it really makes me want book a trip as soon it is safe. Last time I was in Burgundy was 1991, so long overdue.

Great thread and one to revisit for future trip planning.