First Annual Berserkerfest Paso Robles March 27-31 A real success.

Oh, and someone with local contacts would have to make sure we aren’t conflicting with one of their other wine festivals!

Sounds great to me…my favorite part of HDR was getting together with you folks for dinner/etc.

I do not expect that everyone who wants to go will be able or available. But we can try.

Matt my wife and myself are close to both George and Daniel.

Then you know that George and Daniel are gracious hosts with an incredible spot. If we could get a reasonable group and a discount at a viable hotel, maybe we could arrange a method of transportation to take us all on a circuit of viable and willing tasting rooms to be selected by this group. I am sure that as a group we must be on some pretty special lists. As for the total number who might attend, anything from six to forty-five works for me… Berserkers are a pretty fine lot! And, some were bemoaning the fact that HDR wasn’t doing this anymore. Sounds great so long as it is a manageable number of folks!

Must we wait until next year? I was just up there tasting for the first time. So many wineries, so little time. Linne Calodo and Jada were excellent! The wife and I would be interested. Maybe a little golf at Hunter Ranch?

How about a wineberserker feast in the field?
I have a couple vineyards on the westside and a crazy chef friend who has always wanted to do one.

Any ideas on when? I have a wedding in SLO in late June that would be ideal.

This sounds like a BerserkerFest waiting to happen, folks.

Yeap. Sounds like a great idea to me :slight_smile:

I could try to rustle up some wine donations and wine makers to describe their stuff.
Get enough people and we could have our own Grand Tasting.

We might need security. Any ideas? [snort.gif]

As long as I can “taste” while working I know just the person :stuck_out_tongue:

Let us see if we can get some traction on this by suggestions for dates. Looks like one event will be coordinated by Bill Gibbs.

April replace HDR!!!

But next April 2014 not 2104!

I might be up for this one - esp if it is the West Coast Berserkerfest of 2014.

Andrew, let me tell you from experience, that if you ask 100 Berserkers for an opinion, you’ll get 200 opinions.

Just pick a few dates as possible options, when we settle on 2-3, put up a poll, or, since you are essentially the organizer of the event, YOU pick them!!

replace HdR sounds good.
We have to dodge rain early, then heat. But we are in a drought unfortunately, so rain is not frequent.

Might have something else to do in 2104… :wink:

The big festivals are always the 3rd weekends in March, May and October.Everyone is busy and the hotels booked solid. The best time for weather is late March through April. May can get hot, then exteme heat comes in until October. Then it is harvest. A Berserkerfest in late April (in-lieu of HdR) would be my first choice for timing. [berserker.gif]