Flannery Beef - 30% Off Ribeyes & New Yorks, & 30% off Special 60-Day Dry Aged Ribeyes

Second year in a row. No brainer.

Shipping notice arrived and on its way

Ok – based on everyone’s recs, I bit and bought some…

Brian, thanks for shipping to Puerto Rico. It is impossible to get your quality level locally and you have totally spoiled me over the years. Order placed.

New Yorks are my favorite! champagne.gif

Lots of damage to the CC…thanks Bryan!

And I know it’s a bit off, but some of you should save some of your purchases to bring to FMIII’s house in a few weeks for Falltacular. You know what they say - sharing is caring :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard; I’ll keep an eye out for you. Best, Bryan

Joe, Compliments to the Chef! Happy New Year, B

ccept

Hi Robert, Happy to, but can’t possibly do it justice as I’m a two finger typist! Our wheelhouse item is the California Reserve; and that’s because of the breed. These are Holstein (the males that were destined for that ugly force fed veal program ). IMHO this is the premiere cattle breed available today. I have a million theories about why, and while I can’t prove them scientifically, I’m basing it on 40 years of anecdotal experience. In a nut shell, I think they process their feed completely differently than the traditional cattle breeds. Think of it, when you see an Angus steer in the pasture, they look like a brick s house; while the Holstein steer looks like it hasn’t eaten all month…ribs showing, hips sticking out etc. Those two animals are eating the same grass, but one is simply putting on fat; and the other is putting on flavor.
So as to sourcing, the largest producing area for this cattle is southeastern California, and that is our source. We cannot trace specifically back to an individual farm because in our industry, 90% of all production is through major processing facilities and they have no mechanism nor incentive to spend the money tracking through the process. This of course begs the second part of your question, as we can therefore not know the raising practices, and I’m fully aware of the concern upon which the question is asked. Believe me, this is a far longer discussion, but let me posit something that is important to this issue. Somehow, this discussion has been framed as cattle producers are “black hats” and therefore one has to find the good ones. And while I totally get and empathize with the question, the VAST majority of producers are like you and me, doing the best job they can in their respective fields, which in their case happens to be stewardship of magnificent animals. So let’s keep asking the question, just don’t accept the premise that they don’t care for their animals. The bad apples will produce bad product, and neither of us will ever have anything to do with them. Please accept this answer as intended; I’m not trying to either denigrate or pontificate; I’m just passionate about what I’m doing and have a hard time expressing this. As an alternate, please feel free to call me directly and I’d love to go into this in depth with you in an easier venue for me. My cell # is 415-819-4366. Sincerely best regards, Bryan

I sprung for some hangars as well, looking forward to this shipment.

Brian: how long can we freeze the 60 day aged ribeyes?

Hi Mark, yes, you can freeze with no adverse effects; I’ve let stuff fall to the back of the home freezer and it’s still like day one after a year. My issue with freezing is the expansion and contraction that occurs as the water molecules freeze. This can cause changes to the texture. With dry aged beef, the moisture is so reduced, there will be no noticeable movement. Of course, this is predicated on a tight package, as air infiltration is an enemy to anything in the freezer.
We ship individually cryovaced, and again assuming the package arrive nice and tight, you can freeze as is; and if you are of a mind, sous vide in the original package as well. I would stress, examine the package upon arrival to make sure they haven’t loosened in transit (UPS and FedEx can be less than delicate sometimes). If the packaging has failed, just over wrap in foil and freeze away! Best regards, Bryan

Rick T. Please see above ( I’m responding at home and I don’t have Katie to tell me how to do this, so if I look like a Doofus, it’s because I am :slight_smile:

Hi Ken, Yes, this is USDA Prime only. We use the term “reserve” to designate the California beef vs the Midwestern beef. Originally we called it “private reserve” , but it gave Omaha Steaks the vapors and their attorneys dissuaded us (after we had a lot of fun) from using it, so we went to California Reserve. Best regards, Bryan

First time buyer here as well. Thanks for the great deal Bryan.

Easy. In for 5 20oz rib eyes for shipping in February. In for 4 pound burger builder and 3 60 day aged steaks for shipping tomorrow. Yum

First time orderer… can’t wait to surprise my husband with these! 2 ribeyes, 6 NY, and 2 hanger for good measure :slight_smile: Yum!!!

Ordered 2 of each of the steaks to try side by side and a custom burger mix. Can’t wait to try these!

Too many times to count ordered here…for those who are asking how long can these steaks be frozen, well, I just found one at the bottom of my freezer that was delivered just under two years ago and it was fine, and so was my husband who got to eat it. You can buy with confidence to receive an excellent product and top customer service.

As to the freezing… I overwrap the cryo-vaced packages in a few sections of newspaper to insulate against the temp variations in my auto defrost freezer… maybe this is overkill… but certainly doesn’t hurt.