Flannery Beef

Very similar experience and thoughts.

My wife (who has a VERY adventurous palate), doesn’t like the 60 day meat, but loves the 45ish.

We ordered a bunch of steaks and requested 45-50 days recently. I ended up (unintentionally) leaving them in the fridge for another 2-3 weeks (wet aging, by mistake). By that time, the long dry age plus extended wet aging with the funk on them had made them very funky. I washed them all thoroughly and vacuum sealed before freezing them. Cooking them now, they have a LOT of funk taste. It’s right at my extreme edge of enjoyment, but it’s beyond that for my wife. I wouldn’t serve them to guests unless I was sure that’s what they enjoyed. Good news for me is that I don’t have to share much!

FYI that it looks like they have a limited quantity of the 60-day dry-aged New Yorks for sale

We had one on Friday night, just a perfect strip steak.

Flannery 25% off some items until 5/26

CA Reserve ribeye
CA Reserve tomahawk ribsteak
60 day CA Reserve NY steak
CA Reserve bone in rib steak

and Bone in Pork Chops $8@

got in on some bone in rib steaks and a few porkerhouses.

And me still without a real freezer. Grrrr.

We’re big fans of the lamb saddle. Ordering that, and some beef, this week.

JD

I blame you all for this, catching the fever this year on Berserker Day. In for a few ribeyes and a bone in rib steak.

Curse you all!

I did NOT want to spend any money. But my weakness for great beef and a bargain got the better of me. I blame you all for tempting me.

Thanks for the tip, locked down an assortment of steaks.

I had sadness a month ago or so when a kitchen towel hanging from my fridge door got wedged into my freezer and kept it ajar without me noticing. I noticed it two days later, everything in my freezer had thawed. Steaks all thawed and I had to toss them out. Probably 70% of the stash I’d gotten from Berserker Day. Lesson learned, no more hanging towel on fridge door handle.

Very sorry for your loss, Bryan.

Thanks for stirring up a bad memory … you have my sympathies. Same thing happened to me a couple years ago. Lost $100’s (obviously) of Flannery.

I am also sorry for your loss, Bryan.

Thanks to Jay for the tip. I ordered two ribeyes to try out tomorrow night to see if they’re better than my regular butcher’s stuff. Will order more if it is.

awww thanks for the condolences everyone!

Make sure your next fridge has alarm. My kids leave ours open all the time but it lets me know after a minute or so.

Hmm, I’m the only kid in my household :smiley:. I didn’t realize fridges had alarms, will keep that in mind when I get my next fridge. I have a very bachelor fridge, condiments, beverages, and random takeout leftovers in the fridge and steak and bagels in the freezer.

24oz rib-eye at 45 days (I think)
IMG_1465.JPG

Got my order today. Best customer service ever from the Flannery team/family

Ribeye with pimento cheese stuffed baked tater
IMG_1467.JPG

Got my order yesterday and had the CA Reserve tonight. I’d say the quality is on par with my go-to butcher, and I was surprised that it had so much dry-aged funk. I liked it.
IMG_1250.JPG