FONT HAS BEEN CHANGED!!! Information on last post (now that you all know how to do that)

No, that bumps ALL the fonts. You should have control over each of them, independently. Should be trivial to change it and try.

Can you find the phpbb code for us so we can implement it? Todd is paying the guy $60/hr to change things. If you can find it easily and it’s trivial get it to us ASAP and we’ll change it

Let’s see what it looks like when I get the font changed back to the prior forum defaults - this font is the EXACT same size as it was on the old software - 10 pixels - but it’s a different font so it does appear slightly smaller. Look at the example in the first post - that’s side-by-side with the two default fonts from the old software/forum. Also 10 pixels.

Sorry, i wasn’t trying to be flip. Just that on the forum software I’ve admin’d in the past, all these settings were readily available to adjust in a control panel that didn’t require actually modifying code (though there were some things I had to do). I’m not familiar with phpbb exactly, but a quick search turns up lots of results, like this one:

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2150770

Was only making a suggestion, since I actually think this font that Todd chose is better than the old one, wondered if just bumping its point size up would help.

Now I"m further confused - you mean to bump up the default size from 10 pixels (what it was before, different font) to something larger across the entire forum, like 11 pixels? That can easily be done via the User Control Panel in preferences, where you can set your personal viewing to any percentage of the default - 105%, etc.

Todd, sorry, I’m not trying to be a PITA. It seems that much of the text on a page (like headings, titles, etc.) are OK, but the actual body text of posts, where most people read, is the issue. I was just wondering if it’s simple to change that size on its own and see what that looks like. When you set to 105%, EVERYTHING zooms, including titles, headings, even avatars. That is probably useful for someone using a phone or ipad, but not so much desktop (where I am 99% of the time when here).

The font itself can make a big difference to legibility, even when it’s the same “size”. 6 different fonts:

fontsize.JPG

There’s a reason phpbb is at 10. Cram as much info into the space as possible. If you move everything to 11 to accommodate the… wiser members of the board you lose real estate.

The text size is the same as before. Default phpbb.

Exactly, which is why I said let’s wait and see when we change the font from what it is now to what the default were last time - Arial and Sans Serif. Hope to have that completed today, and once it’s back to what it used to be, how can anybody complain? [whistle.gif]

Keep it the way it was, with the “TT” or Arial option (the “Sarcasm” font!)

I’ve restored EVERY SINGLE FONT to how it used to be other than one tiny difference - on the list of thread titles, a slightly different font was used, but just for that - Verdana - nowhere else in the forum. To keep things consistent, we went with just the two other fonts used (which were present for 99% of the viewing anybody did) and the exact same sizing.

Just clear your cache, sign back in, you are good to go.

What was old is new again!

Verdana? Completely unacceptable! [berserker.gif]

What is dead can never die.

Now it will just be re-training our brains (those of us who spend hours every single day on here) to get accustomed to the look. Then, just for fun (and another heart attack) I’ll change it!

[winner.gif]

Comparing to a couple of screen shots I did of the new version with original font, it’s much more legible. Thanks Todd!

Really makes a difference on an iphone.

we did this solely for you. I said “Alan’s gonna get us some of that sweet sweet allemand juice todd!”

It warms my heart that you ignored those other 119 people who voted for the old font, and did it just for me flirtysmile

Just so Todd knows, Fu has more Allemand than I do neener

Fu has more Allemand than Allemand does

Thank you! Much better!