food photos, post yours here!

Flannery Hanger, ramp comte bread pudding(based off the ad hoc recipe) and sauteed tuscan kale. Oh and a bottle of 96 krug which was a great pairing with everything.

A few from my recent trip to Paris:

I smoked some trout on Friday. So I made a smoked trout and fingerling potato salad with grated fresh horseradish

Last night, grilled grouper with tarragon & Pastis sauce.

That looks amazing Stephan, love smoked trout.

Thanks!
Especially with riesling.

Hey all, here are a few pictures. Enjoy!

Spaghetti & Orecchiette w/ Asparagus & Ramp Pesto
Today was get rid of my leftover dry pasta day. Also, I forgot to take pictures of the food plated. Sorry for that, these are the leftovers.

Food pics from last month:

Meat Stuffed Rainbow Chard
Recipe will be posted on my blog later this week.

Spaghetti w/ Fiddlehead Ferns & Speck

From Seafood Fest 2010

Roasted Chicken Leg w/ potatoes, beets and swiss chard

I was trying to avoid this thread because I knew it would make me hungry.
What a beautiful and delicious looking pic!

Thank you for the kind words. Probably a good idea not to look at the rest of this post on an empty stomach. Here are some photos I just took of Bistecca alla Fiorentina. BF/PR Porterhouse, Sous-vide @130F, WFO @ 1025F.

Bill…OUTSTANDING!

1. How long for SV on the Porterhouse?
  2. What is your choice of fuel wood for the oven?
  3. What, if anything, do you put in with with the PH in the SV bag?

TIA

Thanks!

1. ~ 2 hours (steak was at room temp when placed in bath)
  2. Oak/Pecan mixture
  3. Nothing was placed in the pouch with the PH. Before firing in the WFO, the PH was brushed with butter to accelerate crust formation. It has always been my understanding that bistecca is grilled unseasoned. After cooking, the PH was brushed with an olive oil, rosemary, anchovy, and salt emulsion.

Sounds like a plan. We will try to do this in a couple of weeks when Bowden rolls into Big D.

Bill A. - did you use the “bag” that the steak came in from Flannery? or open and reseal?

Hamachi, Caviar, Summer Truffles, Avocado, Crispy Onions

I removed the steak from the Flannery bag and resealed in my own 3 mil bags. 1) I wanted to get a photo of it before cooking and 2) I don’t know whether his bags are suitable for SV cooking. BTW, I doubled sealed it to make sure the sharp bone wouldn’t cause water to leak in.

Burger time tonight, protein style.

Blended at home 1/3 chuck, 1/3 filet tails, 1/3 italian sausage. Topped with provolone and garlic spinach.

Grillin it

Finished

What’s around the meat on the last picture, Chris?

Sounds like provolone, but where is the meat? Did it shrink into an intense baseball of pure goodness?

The provolone melted around the entire top and sides of the burger after two mins on the grill. An intense baseball of pure goodness is a perfect name for it, Eric. Ridiculously good. Definitely going to do these again.