French Toast Anyone?

My kids love Alfaro Artesano, but note that it’s a high sugar kind of bread.

Try adding some pumpkin puree for a fall ( of course it’s late spring now…) french toast. Goes well as a less sweet take.

Alton Brown method

there’s a similar matzah brie debate

Instead of sugar? Have never put sugar in the mix. Didn’t know that was a thing

Kings Hawaiian bread makes good french toast.
That Jacques video was great. If I was served that in a high end restaurant I wouldn’t know the difference between ice cream and some fancy sauce.

Got a bit creative this morning. Halved a few plain croissants, let them soak leisurely in a mixture of egg, milk, maple syrup and almond extract, and then put them on the Presto Griddle at 350 F.
Yum!

1 Like

There isn’t much of a debate. Savory matzo brei people are just wrong (or maybe misguided is a better word)!!!

Obviously, the Goyim don’t know shit from shinola about Matzoh Brei. The only thing worse than sweet Matzoh Brei is sweet Luckshen Kugel. My wife loves it sweet. She’s a Catholic from small town Indiana who never ate Chinese food until she met me at the University of Michigan (a/k/a Long Island West).

+1. I had aunts who made sweet noodle kugel with raisins. Disgusting to my young palate. And sweet matzo brei is a shanda.

I don’t eat French toast, but I was at a diner this week that made Captain Crunch French toast

Jay is right on both counts. As one would expect from someone with such a renowned name.