Frigging So Cal Heat

You Californians are so spoiled. “Air conditioning”?? neener
Over the last few weeks, I feel like you’ve exported your heat (and drought) to the northeast, been very hot and dry here lately, but seems to have finally broken.
I like drinking big reds in 90-degree weather; it builds character and shows a man what he is made of.

[tease.gif] Really hard to enjoy any wine while biting your tongue this hard…you taffy-asses don’t know what hot is neener

That’s what you all say until you come here. neener
http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=119041&hilit=102

Very Fall-like here. Cool nights for fire pits and sleeping with the windows open…sunny crisp days that remind you that football season is starting. It’s pretty much perfect.
pileon

Really…too hot…cry me a river [swearing.gif]

Yeah, I have air conditioning. In related news, I got my SDG&E bill yesterday, and I’m not sure I can afford any wine now [shock.gif]

Something wrong with a second beer? Not unless you’re really watching the calories or carbs. Ironically, while I would probably reach for a lighter beer in the heat, too, the sight of a clear bottle would push me back to the heavy stout. Lesser of two evils for my beer tastes. That or just hit the G/T.

Anyway, there are few wines I enjoy served above about 68 degrees. Since we only use the air when 4-6 weeks a year (the few times its north of 80), and then set it for 73-74, this becomes a problem from early June to mid-September. I’ve found that I prefer chilling something to mid-sixties and letting it warm up.

It’s already steaming hot here in West LA at 8:30am. I was in Napa yesterday, it was 110 on the Silverado Trail!

Uh, those all dried up in California about 2 years ago. Tell you what, you send us some water, and I will send you a Modelo Especial for your efforts. neener

You may want to look at solar. I calculate a six year pay back given the high energy costs from SDG&E.

You may want to look at solar. I calculate a six year pay back given the high energy costs from SDG&E.

Pliny the Elder followed by 09 Copain Kiser En Haut last night. Both were great.

I really feel sorry for you guys!

Bakersfield weather forecast has us dropping into the low '80s on Wednesday. Don’t think we’ve been down that low since May. What a relief !!!

In our community, if we waited for it to cool down to take a drink we’d all die of thirst.

FWIW in June we had two new Trane 18 Seer variable speed HVAC units installed. July electric bill was $350 vs $750 last year.

FM3 - You need some Villemade or Tessier Cheverny rouge, chilled down. Trust me.