Full Pull

Pretty sure today’s redacted offer is 2016 Nota Bene Cellars Ciel du Cheval Vineyard?

Has anyone had a Nota Bene Cellars wine?

I’ve had a number over the years and at the redacted price this bottle would be a solid deal. Tim and his family have also been really nice people the few times I’ve met them over the years. I went in for a few.

These guesses were correct – this one was the 2016 WT Vintners Seven Springs Pinot Noir.

Michael

My guess above was correct. The “Redacted 26: 2018 Syrah Horse Heaven Hills” is the 2018 Two Vintners Mays Discovery Vineyard “Some Days Are Diamonds” Syrah. Quite a solid value for this wine at $23 per.

Michael

2 Likes

FWIW, the link to the Redacted 26 (some days are diamonds) is still active for me and I was able to order 3 more. Not sure if that actually goes through.

Any thoughts on yesterday’s offer (Full Pull Redacted 28)?

From a March 2020 offer…

2015 W.T. Vintners Syrah Stoney Vine Vineyard - $49.99 (TPU $44.99)
Owen Bargreen “The 2015 Stoney Vine Vineyard shows a bright bouquet of hoisin sauce, blood orange zest, wild mushroom, and red cherry purée. The palate shows wonderful intensity and freshness with citrus rind, white truffle, red raspberry cordial and peat moss. The range here is insanely good. 93pts.”

Lovers of Full Pull’s own Ankleroller Syrah should know Stoney Vine well—it was our vineyard source for Block Syrah until a damaging frost in 2017 caused us to look elsewhere for fruit. Still, our team thinks it is one of the most compelling sites for Syrah in the state. Stoney Vine was planted in the Rocks in 2007 after an old apple orchard was pulled out. The soil here is as stoney as stoney can be—and here’s a close-up shot from one of our staff vineyard trips to prove it. This is a unique, remarkable part of the world for growing grapes, and Stoney Vine itself is one of the vineyards that best shows the Rocks’ unique, charming funk.

In 2015, the Stoney Vine Syrah is exceptionally true to typicity with a nose full of red and black cherries, olive brine, fish sauce, blood orange, white pepper, and wet river rocks. It clocks in at 14.6% and feels wonderfully representative of both the vintage and the vineyard, showcasing bold fruit matched by citrusy acid and funky savories. Jeff knows how to show depth, intensity, and electricity all beautifully. This is the Rocks through and through. With the loss of our own Stoney Vine Syrah, I’m incredibly pleased to be able to offer our list members an equally compelling bottle.

1 Like

I bought a few bottles, will let you know when I crack one open…

Today’s offering Redacted 30, looks like it is a 2016 Nota Bene Cellars Dineen Vineyard Cabernet… Anyone have any experience with this bottling? There are no tasting notes in CT…

Did ever figure out what this one was? Thanks!

WT Vintners. Good value at that price. Still tasting pretty young…

1 Like

Thanks!

Today’s redacted offer: 2016 W.T. Vintners ‘Rhone Blend’

For those of you who track the Full Pull “Redacted” wines, the one in today’s “Reoffer” email is this:

Also, the Jan. 23rd Redacted 33: 2017 Cabernet Franc was Covington Cellars.

Today’s redacted 34 is Champagne Charles Ellner. None of the cuvees listed on their website match the blend percentage in the email from Full Pull. But for $25 I’m in.

Likewise couldn’t figure out the specific bottling but more than enough clues to deduce the house. Not a house I am familiar with, but worst case a mimosa base.

Per this importer/distributor site, it’s the Carte Blanche Brut. The cepage matches exactly. If I’m inferring correctly, it’s their entry level wine. Based on quick search online, looks like it’s generally available at mid to high $30s. Guessing that FP’s pricing is a mild post-off from their local distributor.

Michael

This is the clue to the bottling: “If someone gives you this, they give you the power and permission to carry out an action in any way you see fit.”

Carte Blanche, a cuvée not listed on the producer website, is $33 on wine.com