Fun stats from CellarTracker (top 10 retailers, Garagiste vs Costco)

I definitely just use “winery” because that way I don’t have 50 choices in the dropdown box to sort through, plus, if I already have the wine pulled up, having the name of the winery in the purchased from box seems redundant. No one’s making the mistake that they bought Ridge from the Montelena winery, for example.

+1. If I want a list of all wines I’ve bought from a given producer, I sort by producer.

I noted with the stats I posted above that even “winery” isn’t consistently used - people have used a variety of generic terms for their purchases at/from a winery.

All good points.

FWIW, I do have many stores and producers in the drop down box but it doesn’t take any sorting or searching. Just start typing and the list self-searches. That Eric guy must know something about software and web design.

I do have some wines from different producers purchased from the same winery (e.g. Ravenswood and Once and Future). And many wines with purchases split between retail and direct.

Whatever works for someone is the right way. My comment was not meant as praise or criticism of any particular method. What I meant to say was that the “Winery" category underestimates direct purchases because some people use the specific winery name. There may be a way to figure out to what extent from the CT data, but it’s beyond me.

This is definitely true . . . and even for some stores where people may use different names.

Zachys 0.2% Bottles purchased (229,815) / Remaining (151,123)
Zachy’s 0.2% Bottles purchased (219,429) / Remaining (122,462)

K&L 0.2% Bottles purchased (285,753) / Remaining (135,796)
K&L Wines 0.1% Bottles purchased (115,186) / Remaining (54,329)
K&L Wine Merchants 0.1% Bottles purchased (71,054) / Remaining (31,642)

Wine.Woot 0.1% Bottles purchased (58,859) / Remaining (20,001)
Woot 0.0% Bottles purchased (51,462) / Remaining (17,723)

Just like there’s a Champagne and everything else thread:
Envoyer 0.1% Bottles purchased (146,636) / Remaining (88,440)
Envoyer Fine Wines 0.0% Bottles purchased (50,113) / Remaining (32,556)

And for local (to me) flavor:
MacArthur Beverages 0.0% Bottles purchased (25,485) / Remaining (12,524)
MacArthur 0.0% Bottles purchased (22,539) / Remaining (11,126)
Bassins 0.0% Bottles purchased (10,763) / Remaining (6,099)

At some point I suggested Eric try to create consistency of store names, as he does for wines, at least for the top stores. He declined . . . and probably only important to the anal-retentive among us.

Does the Garagiste stat allow one to see the number of bottles ordered vs number received, how long that took, and whether the bottles recevied were actually the ones ordered?