Gary V. Again.

Gary V came to a couple of off-lines in NJ organized by the old Prodigy/Squires group. He looked like and had the energy and excitement of a 12 year old boy that just found out he’d won tickets to the Super Bowl with his beloved Jets playing. Very charismatic as well.

1 Like

Those were some fun off-lines back in the day. In a room full of personalities Gary V and his boundless energy and enthusiasm were front and center. His success is not at all surprising.

Tom

To borrow that, I would say “I don’t know of many more skilled.”

If you haven’t followed him besides his Wine Library / WLTV days, that is a tiny % of what he has accomplished in the last 15 yrs.

Though Gary has a massive list of clients - Fortune 500 cos, sports teams, celebs, etc (and 600?+ employees & offices around the world)- It is his love and willingness to help everyday people, people that need a lift, kids getting out of school, that makes him a legend in my book.

I don’t always feel his delivery, but I always respect the message.

Plus – Watching him speak back in 08 gave me the courage and motivation to get in the wine business. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

I too remember some of the old Prodigy/Squires OL’s, tho the ones I went to were held in NY…plenty of Jersey and Philly guys in attendance as well as us New Yawkers…and a few guys from New England…

Pretty much the same here.

Wine Library couldn’t ship to MD, but I had a fun time visiting the store once.

I visited once or twice. Nice enough but not compelling enough for me to go out of my way for.

I don’t always feel his delivery, but I always respect the message.

Plus – Watching him speak back in 08 gave me the courage and motivation to get in the wine business.

You have to love the videos when he hated the expensive wines they sold in the shop!

they’re shipping to NY again

Are they? Huh! Didn’t know that.

yep

thanks, John, appreciate the headsup

Well CNN article stated today that he is worth $200M. Not bad for the old sniffy sniff. Went on a 2009 cruise with him and about 75 other folks. We had a fun time even though the cruise line sucked. Who knew Italians couldn’t run a cruise line and/or cook good food on a ship? I just wish that he had stuck to wine more but a guy has to make a buck if they want to buy the Jets though I have no idea why anyone would want to own the Jets.

I have no idea why anyone would want to own the Jets.]

Agree. When was the last time they made the playoffs?

Every once in a while, I give a wine the old sniffy sniff. Makes my wife roll her eyes, so I’ll keep doing it. For old times’ sake.

I am a Marketing pro. And what he is saying in the video is really nothing new. It must be something else what make him so successful.

1 Like

Has anyone here tried his monthly wine club? I’m still in palette expansion & exploration…at least until the cellar is full of super Tuscans and white burgundy…

1 Like

I’ve been a member on and off. I thought it was a good deal at $55 (tax and shipping included)… at $69 now, I’m not so sure. Some of the wines were a steal, some were not worth anywhere near their original retail value-- you could see why they ended up being steeply discounted. It was fun to be a part of, but ultimately I found there were too many new-world fruit bombs, which are not my thing. Saw that January’s pack was a Gardet NV Champagne, an Oregon pinot from a winery I’d never heard of (Dois Irmaos), and a Washington state blend.

I remember watching WLTV videos back in college in ~2008-2010. As a college student, I enjoyed wine (read: drank Carlo Rossi or J. Lohr, if I was feeling rich) but his videos are what got me to start really tasting and thinking. I would guess I am not alone in being sparked by his enthusiasm and unpretentiousness.

While I can’t stand his self-promotional schtick now, I really do admire his hustle and he’s earned what he’s built for himself.