george chadwick crowdsourcing

Sure, but at least I delivered them.

I have Truchot and would gladly open a bottle with George if he has to come to the DC area because of this shitstorm. I sincerely hope he doesn’t, though.

Update. I feel a lot better about Maureen and she has one more genuine lead. She is communicating fully now. She hasn’t tried to dissuade me from calling the police which I appreciate. My best shot is to follow the lead she has for another week. If that other person cooperates I have a chance and she is handling that lead well.

Craig did email me privately and offer to put together a fund to buy me a one way ticket out of the country and I really appreciate that.

I get that a lot. “If George is coming here we’ll open him some wine but I sincerely hope he doesn’t.”

george- do you have a paypal?

This gets my vote for post of the year!

If I’d been drinking a beverage at the exact moment I read this, it would’ve been expelled onto my laptop screen. While it’s crappy that you’re in this predicament, bless you for having a sense of humor in the midst of it. [cheers.gif]

I don’t have a PayPal and would return any money but I do host offlines in SF hint hint

And seriously thank you all.

I am happy to contribute as well. Absent Paypal, we could use GoFundMe? To be clear, I have never used that and have no idea how it works, but I see it in the news all the time w.r.t. people ‘crowdfunding’ other people in similar situations, so I’m assuming that it works here.

Unfortunately I have no Truchot…

I just only today stumbled upon this, and the other thread, now locked. I don’t wish to deadhorse but I will say I did the exact same thing as George (bought from Rob through Maureen, whole transaction took a few months last year because we mutually agreed to hold the wine for weather but otherwise things went smoothly) and I can see how I may have ended up in the same position.

Thank you for posting this. I had no idea Maureen brokered another of these for Rob, let alone in the same time period, let alone with similar weather delay. It makes me feel less stupid and I’m glad for you it worked out and it indicates some faint hope for me as well.

I do have a PayPal for crowdfunding but it is to help me in my journey to become Gertrude Chadwick.

Maybe you should remove the wick.

That’s the last and most expensive step. Hater.

George - any progress in getting your wine or a refund?

I’m more interested in progress removing the wick.

Not a word but let’s stop here on that issue. People can PM me if they want.

Sorry, but what exactly happened here? Cliffs please

I had a bad transaction on Commerce Corner. A lot of money. People are taking up a collection to make me go away because I lower the collective IQ wherever I go.

[welldone.gif] [welldone.gif] [rofl.gif]

For something that is not a laughing matter, you truly have a fantastic sense of humor George.