Get With The Program - - - Enter your BD Purchases Properly in Cellartracker

I will have to check it out. Not familiar with it but yes why switch.

With the Bulk Editing tools you can easily curate your own list of stores. Also by default we only show you stores where you have purchased in the prior 12 months so the list self-prunes over time.

1 Like

For the first time in my life, I actually listened to Jay on a point about wine. Well, sort of. I edited my purchase information on CellarTracker to change the store from Ansonia to Ansonia (Berserker Day).

Jay is not someone you want to trifle with. [cheers.gif] cheesehead

1 Like

Does it help that I often agree with him on boards other than the wine board?

1 Like

Sure. If you slug down a magnum of Mouton on Park Ave. you can get back into his good graces… If I tried that I would end up on Rikers Island.

In most cases. However, there are some importers/retailers that participate. And it would still make it slightly inconvenient when reviewing pending wines because I could have 4 or 5 purchases pending (each being multiple different wines) that would also show up as BD even though I may be accepting delivery at different times. But I could do a multi-part filter to solve that.

What I’m really wondering is: Would doing this really help Todd and Wine Berserkers? Is Todd asking for us to do this? I would consider doing it, if he thinks it’s helpful.

are you all ‘with the program’ yet?

If I don’t enter my purchases in cellar tracker did I even buy them?

1 Like

No shit. Especially when I can easily figure out where he lives. All I have to do is drive around New York until I get the shakes from being too close to that much bad wine. neener

I think you should spend years driving around NY looking for me. I live in the DC area.

I just started using Cellar Tracker today. And now my “Berserker Day” store is 25.9% of my purchases. Sorry, I have a space in my store name. Do you need me to edit so you can get good cross cellar reports?

Is there a master thread/FAQ on how to use Cellar Tracker properly and most effectively? Any helpful hints? I put “vineyard” as the store if I purchased physically while visiting, but am putting the winery name for any wine club shipments. When in a bundle do you dollar cost average the bottle? I did not have all the receipts for my wine but will try and track better. (or do I want to? is it better not to see it in written down?)

I use a generic “Winery” for any direct purchases rather than putting them all in individually.

2 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

Gasp! You dare correct Jay L. Hack, Esq.?!?!

If he says you live in NY, well, mothereffer you better start looking for a nice little 2bd/.5bt asap!

I got him confused with the other Burg-nut from New York. You know . . . what’s his name Smith

Thank goodness for cellartracker!

Since I did that last year, I knew specifically which Franny Beck Pinot I wanted to buy this time around (2017 La Chenaie). Now I have three . Cellartracker will help me remember wines from a few new producers for next year. It sure helps add to the fun!

Thanks for the reminder. The memory ain’t what it use to be.