Good wine stores to visit in Fisherman's Wharf area, San Fransisco

On Chestnut Street is Greg O Flynn s California Wine Merchant. They are both a wine bar and a wine shop.
You will also find A16, an excellent Italian restaurant.

Re Fisherman s Wharf: the best two wine shops would be either Cost Plus or Trader Joe’s. In the 70s I ran a wine store on Taylor, but when the landlord takes a percentage of the gross it’s hard to make it. This is why serious wine stores are often located in industrial parts of town. Back then the Cannery had a good selection as well. Most visitors to Fisherman s Wharf are tourists accompanied by their families. Locals won’t go there because they think parking will be difficult, which it is until around 530pm.

I’ve never had a bad experience there? At least in the SF store, most of the folks I’ve seen working there have all been around for at least a few years.

Getting to the Ferry Building and Flatiron are both pretty easy from Fishermen’s Wharf. You can either walk or take the E to Embarcadero and then walk or transfer to any of the Muni lines to go up Market. K&L is more of an Uber/Lyft ride but still pretty close. Just don’t try to do it during commute hours as that area is pretty gridlocked.

Biondivino is not too far. It’s a small shop specializing in Italian wine, lots of good choices there and always very helpful. The other suggestions here are good but would require public transport as mentioned (unless you like really long walks!).

Fisherman’s Wharf is an odd spot. It’s a tourist mecca but locals avoid it like the plague. There’s very little there that’s worth seeing or doing, generally the home of tourist junk and mediocre food. Good views of the Bay though, for sure. And a couple of nice little ship tours. I find the WWII submarine there fascinating. I’ve lived in SF for most of my adult life and never go there.

I grew up on Leavenworth at Francisco in the 1970s/early 80s and spent much of my early youth roaming Ghirardelli Square, the Cannery, Pier 39, and the video game arcades. Haven’t been there much since.

I used to like staying in the area if I was driving up from LA bc there was more and cheaper parking than soma/union sq. I agree that it’s akmost all tourists tho.