Gourmet houses still shipping

I’ve been looking for Fermin Iberico de Bellotta pork for awhile now since our local grocer stopped carrying it. I finally found a source and put in an order. Seriously takes pork to the next level, the fat is just insane. Best bacon I’ve ever had as well, but the other cuts are really the highlight.
As a bonus they carry el bulli “Olives”. I’ve heard about them but since I never made it to Spain I figured why not, if we are going to be shut in, might as well do it right.

Good seafood.

Not shipping, but I’ll still add for those who can run out and pick up supplies.

DiPalo’s in NYC will receive call-in orders, which is what we always do in any case to avoid the long wait lines to buy stuff, and usually can be picked up asap.

Seafood house. Just bought colossal crab which is pasteurized and will keep in fridge for several months.

Also bought kippers (smoked herring) which are delicious and will therefore be consumed in two days.

We finally received the rest of our order after four days. Not too sure if any of it is good. The first shipment arrived on Thursday. The last on Monday. My wife contacted d’Artagnan on Friday about the missing items. They said that they would reship on Monday for Tuesday delivery. It is Wednesday. No shipment. No tracking. No communication. Yesterday, the day the shipment was supposed to arrive, my wife sent them an email about the missing shipment. No response yet. The caution here is that given the crazy times don’t expect your shipment to arrive in its entirety or at all for that matter.

I will second that. We have had the kit on three occasions now. The first kit was prepared by a friend of ours from La Rochelle, France who was in town for a two month holiday visit. My wife made it once and then our friend from La Rochelle came back and made it the third time. All three times, it was outstanding. However, our friend made some minor modifications which my wife incorporated into her preparation.

British food depot is shipping some of my favorite foods. If you have never had Cadbury’s flake, now is your chance. I warn you the English baked beans are not good.

Just discovered a very cool listing of small Chicago businesses that will ship and it included a favorite of mine, Long Table Pancakes. They make three delicious pancake mixes and carry really good maple syrup (try the ginger root infused one!) One of the mixes is even gluten free and yet tastes great! http://longtablepancakes.com

The website with the listing is a project of UofC and there’s an awful lot of neat stuff including food options. - Want To Help Local Businesses Affected By Coronavirus From Home? 'Shop In Place' On New Site

Reviving this thread, as I have been having lots of luck with this place:https://www.regalisfoods.com/

They are throwing in an 1oz of Kaluga with every order over $100. We had their Carabinieres (spanish red prawns) flash frozen, which were as close as you can get to being in Barcelona, and their San Diego Uni, also now on sale I believe, is really delicious. Mushrooms–porcini/morels–also very good and lots of other stuff. They are not very communicative–no phone or email–but they have always been spot on with orders.

Sorry, btw, to hear about troubles with D’Artagnan. I have alway had great customer service from them and we order relatively frequently.