Great customer service from K&L wines

Dunno how small you think Los Angeles is. About 17 miles door to door from my office to K&L. That’s roughly 40-45 minutes depending on the time of day, could be up to a hour. So them picking up is gonna save me at a minimum a hour and a half driving.

I’ve been buying from K&L for over a decade; and recall only one slip-up from them: they delivered the wrong vintage (I recall white 1er Cru by Niellon - note I live in/have my bottles forwarded to Manila). When I wrote them about the error, they promptly sent me the same number of bottles (correct vintage this time) and told me to just enjoy the wrong vintage bottles with their compliments. I was very impressed with their service; and continue ordering from them to this day.

They really are a class act.

Indeed. +1

Calgon!

I can endorse this statement as well. They do great work.

Charlie,

Great to hear about this - but it does make me wonder about ‘liability’ and what they will do with these wines. As you said, these were ‘retail’ and not ‘auction’, which means that they either purchased them from a private seller OR purchased them from a broker who found a stash of these. What do you think they’ll do to get their money back?

In other words, where should the ‘buck stop’ in a situation like this?

And one more question - if they had decided not to give you a refund, how would you have felt? Would you have any other recourse? Just really curious as this is a unique situation IMHO.

Cheers.

To Pasadena or DTLA?

I’m guessing they’ll do what you would do: eat it as a cost of doing business. Worthwhile especially for high-rollers like Charlie

I have tried to use their service from the Hollywood store to my wife’s hotel in DTLA but they always use a local courier. Now she takes the Red Line and has dinner at the Hearth and Hound after she picks up at K&L.

A few weeks ago while trying to arrange pick up I had a very unhelpful gent who made everything I asked for seem impossible, luckily I frustrated him so he passed me on to his manager who took care of my seemingly easy request. Other then that I am very happy with the service I get. I am a non ballah who lives 1200 miles awayl

Pasadena! Delivered to storage facility

Very cool, I’ll have to take advanage of that, I’ve always just picked up.

K&L is a great wine store!

Yeah I guess we are the right age-lol. Calgon, “Take Me Away”!!!

I believe I’ve still a single bottle of this. Last one I opened was about 10 years ago and it was fine. Bought on release.

Do you know if K&L purchased that Leflaive direct from the winery? I was told that wines they sell (not auction) that are from the secondary market are basically buyer’s risk.

lmao

Yeah Alan, because clearly K&L would just tell some “commoner” like you to go take a piss.

Look what showed up on the new product feed!

https://m.klwines.com/p/i?i=1118285

Oh shit. .

The bottle he opened was badly oxidized, doesn’t mean the other bottle will also be oxidized. White Burgundy Roulette.

-Al