"Guess I've got that old travelling bone"

Still traveling, just closer and more remote.
A26FE9A9-967E-4C7F-A824-02A8873F9FF5.jpeg

Beautiful pic.

I’ve never been. I’m desperate to go. Beautiful photo.

Ditto, no France this spring and I am supposed to be in the middle of my big triennial east coast driving trip to see all my WB friends in NC, DC, Philly, Meadville/Cleveland (yes, not east coast but always where I start the trip!), NJ, NYC and Boston.

And it sadly doesn’t look like the annual Atlanta trip is going to be on the books. hate this part of it.

We are booked to go to Bora Bora in November. Not planning to cancel. There are some hoops to jump through in regards to getting a negative COVID test and results back with 72 hours of the flight to Papeete. I’m hoping by November the Abbott rapid test will be accepted-and they have the tester at LAX-that would make this easier. One way or another I hope we get there …

Same here. Had a Jan trip planned this year, and it looks like next year’s will be cancelled (business-driven). I miss Paris :frowning:

I also miss butter. And my table at CAM. And three hour lunches at Les Enfants du Marche, with Michel Abood making me drink natty wine. *sigh

EDIT: And random Canadians killing wine lists and singing in the streets with me :smiley:

Lynn and Jon and my friend Deb also miss the butter :wink: The singing in the streets too. :slight_smile:

I’ve cancelled Hawaii and Egypt/Morocco. Sad about those. On the plus side, weddings in LA and CO were cancelled and I’m perfectly content to not go to those. I do miss traveling, and also enjoy road trips, but have no urge to do that this summer.

In a brief fling of optimism, I have just booked a flight to Calgary for skiing in February

Just got back from my 15 day road trip. We have never driven across country and if not for this situation most likely would have not done this. We literally rented a car in NYC on Friday and made plans day by day. I still worked for most of the trip and since everyone is working virtually it was not a problem. As someone who lives in NYC and spends a lot of time in LA/SF I now truly appreciate how different the coasts are from the rest of the country, I clearly knew this beforehand it is just different when you experience it firsthand. Some observations this country is truly hurting economically from the pandemic. I would estimate that on average the country is ~20% open. Other than Montana 98% of the people we saw had masks which was very good to see. Not surprisingly, I was blown away by the beauty of Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho and Montana. BUT the place I was most taken by and plan to return the soonest was Memphis!

Way to go! (figuratively and literally) Great that you got away and also great the way you did it. I tend to do a lot of advance planning / reservations for trips, but the few times we took it day by day turned out unexpectedly wonderful. Good for you!

Definitely going stir crazy over here. Work trip to Spain in April was obviously cancelled and Helsinki and Mexico City in October are cancelled now too. I’m hoping to sneak away for a road trip to Bend and Ketchum to get some cycling and climbing in prior to work going back to drinking from the fire hose mode again.

As for 2021 travel planning the Mexico City trip (friends wedding) will likely happen in October. Outside of that work travel will probably resume in spring 21 which puts a smile on my face as I’ve not been home this long in over five years. Hopefully the Spain and Helsinki sales meetings are rescheduled as I would love to build some time off of those meetings to explore.

One of the best trips I ever had was one September when my wife and I spent 3 weeks in the Southwest. We had reservations the first two nights and the last two nights. The rest was a rental car, camping gear and guidebooks. We would go (or not!) wherever hit our fancy. Great feeling of zero pressure and really focusing on just enjoying whatever was right in front of us.

It was both tougher and easier in COVID times. Many hotels and restaurants where closed. But most of what, was not closed was open for reservations. We stayed at a lovely B&B in Little Rock and the proprietor said pre-February 50% of his clients were from NYC / East Coast and since then we were his first.