Hanging out with the St. Louis crowd

Now, that’s funny.

Bro bro. I think everyone in that camp!

That G-max was amazing. Best white wine I’ve had this year for sure.

Great weekend in St Louis - it was great meeting you! I have to make it out to Chicago Nick.

MK - thanks for last night at your place!

I’d like to hang with the St.Louis crowd.

For Trollat alone. I didn’t know there was 2005 from Trollat. Never seen a bottle.

I wonder how many of us did a quick WineSearcher thingy the nanosecond we read the note.

The Gmax was great - this wine could hold its own with any of the top white burgs - crystalline beauty. MK - I want to try the Unendlich next time - need to dig this out! Maybe with Thai food :slight_smile:. I really liked the '88 DRC Echezeaux and the '01 Allemand SS. I’ve always loved Jamet and the '98 is no exception.

I hope it doesn’t start snowing there in St. Louis in the near future! It’s still in the low 80s here in Arizona :slight_smile:.

charlie was blowing up my phone that night…and i loved it :wink:

sounds like you gents had one hell of a night. that 09 gmax remains one of my favorite white wine. it is a special bottle.

any notes/impressions on the 2011 jean chris nomad? i know it was opened :slight_smile:

i’m with fred regarding the 02 drc (minus rc, riche, monty). the samples i’ve had have been incredible.

[cheers.gif]

Edson, we can spare Adrian and share it amongst ourselves :wink:

sounds like a great plan champagne.gif

The only problem is that then you’re in St. Louis… neener

+1

Big +1

Great notes Adrian. 88 Dujac was my WOTN for reds. The GMax was insanely good and the Trollat more than lived up to expectations.

Gmax aside, anything else in the Keller lineup that stands out as something really special?

Looking to try my first Keller to get a sense of the style.

Going solely by my own experience the Morstein bottlings are superb, both the GG and the Auslese. 2015 Auslese has started shutting down. I’m told by people I trust that the Abst Erde bottlings are of the same level of quality. You’re paying for that quality though.

I have yet to be impressed, or even to really enjoy, the lesser but still somewhat pricey bottlings such as the Kirchspiel.

How does the Hubacker compare to the Absterde, Morstein, etc.? I opened the '13 Hubacker the other evening and it was outstanding: even at a chaotic event with ~100 bottles open for 20 people, the refinement and grace of the Keller shone through.

I’ve never had the Hubacker, hopefully someone else can chime in.

This was a pretty exciting night. I thought the food was excellent and would love to go back. Overall I agree with Adrian’s notes here.

As time goes on I’m less thrilled with older champagne and whites and this reinforced my opinion. The exception was the Leroy. While opened a little muted with air this really came alive.

I thought the Gmax was also special but I should have held on to some. Later in the night the bottle smelled wonderful.

The Trollat and the Allemend were my reds of the night. I liked the 88 CDLR but not as much as others. Ditto the Bartolo.

Adrian, best description ever of Coche. Also I thought you were going to give the G Max a 79 to screw people up.

Let’s do it again !