Has anyone used an air fryer?

Is this really the only Air Fryer Thread on this board? (I’m not counting the one with a mere four posts)

We are getting one, but haven’t made our choice yet.

In current consideration:
Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro

Instant Vortex Plus 10 quart

Ninja AF161 Max XL Air Fryer 5.5 Quart

The Ninja has a ceramic interior, which is loved by the people who recommended it to us; not digging the 5.5 qt capacity, however.

The Breville comes highly recommended, but is on the more expensive side.

Curious to hear if anyone has any commentary on these three models, as well as ceramic vs. non-ceramic interiors. Thanks!

1 Like

To me the breville is a no brainer - I have the regular smart oven pro and use it all the time and go through a surprising amount of the modes on a pretty consistent basis. I have a separate air fryer which is nice to have, but I do use it a lot less than my toaster oven. Having all the functionality rolled into my toaster oven would be nice to save on counter space, and give you more versatility than a standalone.

2 Likes

You hit on the main attraction for me (potentially) for the Breville: all the different modes, and it’s ability to do each excellently. What I struggle with is not knowing if I’d actually use all the additional functionality. Which of the other modes do you use most?

While I primarily use the toast functions, I do like how adjustable it is to just warm things or get a really dark crust. About once a week I’m using the oven or just have something small and end up using the breville instead, I’ve roasted veggies or finished baking a few extra cookies on a quarter sheet pan, or heated up leftovers in a glass container. Much quicker and less hot than having to heat up the home oven. Admittedly some of the extra features seem redundant (why is there a separate bagel function, etc) but the results are noticeable enough that it seems less silly even if I dont use them as much.

Do you find it can suffice in place of a microwave?

If you use the defrost function a lot, no. If youre mostly heating things up, kind of, but with the caveat that it will take a lot longer to do so.

I am also considering to buy an airfryer, the stylish COSORI in dark grey.

I want to buy it for porkbelly etc. and certainly NOT for French fries. Does an airfryer really such a good job regarding porkbelly? I saw mouthwatering videos on YouTube.

Bennett, this is very helpful, thank you. I tend not to defrost much.

I don’t have much use (I think, from all that I’ve seen over the last few years) for an air fryer, as my convection oven works just fine for me. But my wife has been convinced she needs one for some time. We have a tiny kitchen, and simply don’t have room for another single-use appliance.

I looked into the Breville (well, Sage over here, but same build) toaster oven and found the multiple functions intriguing. If it does a reasonable job reheating then it can replace our microwave.

We use the reheat, toast, bagel, air fry, proof, bake, and broil with some consistency. We only have one oven to it’s really useful for baking/roasting things at different temps.

1 Like

FWIW - We got the Ninja Air Fryer Grill (Ninja Foodi IG301/IG302) because our daughter has one and loves it. We only use it as an air fryer and find it to be a good size and easy to clean. As I posted up-topic, we also have a Cuisinart toaster/oven that has an air fryer setting. The Cuisinart is mediocre as a toaster, OK as a mini oven, and is a bear to clean if used as an air fryer.

1 Like

I do. It is very convenient.After I got a stomach ulcer, I immediately switched to boiled, steamed, and baked food, although I really liked only fried food like French fries, nuggets, etc. Therefore, the doctor told me to buy the necessary medicines at the Canadian Pharmacy at the time of the ulcer and to eat only such food.

Martin,
We have the Cosori Air Fryer Toaster Oven in both of our places. My wife loves them more than she loves me I think.
(and I’m the cook most of the time)

Oh la la :joy:

I am impressed, made my first duck breast in the Airfryer COSORI yesterday.

At the beginning 300 F or 150 C for 15min and then 400 F or 200 C for 10min

2 Likes