Has this board ever REALLY helped or hurt a winery?

Neal, his last name - Goodfellow Family Cellars (which also includes the Matello label).

Or what Jay just said [cheers.gif]

The original post about Pegau was tongue in cheek.

-Al

Yes, Jonathan and Gerhard seem to be lacking the sarcasm sensor. Maybe Hal should have used Romanee-Conti or Margaux instead.

newhere

Thx to you both

I’m particularly impressed with what he’s doing with chardonnay.

I like his wines too. Very structured, but in a good way. If you decide to try, I recommend giving them a lot of air.

I think Robert Parker had a lot to do with enthusiasm for the Rhône as a whole; he certainly got me buying a lot of the wines back in the mid-Nineties, when a lot of those earlier, excellent vintages were still available at pretty much release prices.

(Both he and a lot of the wines became caricatures later on, but that’s a different story.)

This board is helping Briceland Vineyards in 3 ways: 1. Some sales in January help with cash flow in getting ready for bottling in the spring. 2. Berserkers have given us a Cellar Tracker presence that we would not otherwise have. This will help as I start selling wine outside of Humboldt. 3. I have gotten to know a few people who are helpful to the winery.

deadhorse On the other hand, it has hurt winery operation when I consider how I have neglected my family, friends, choirs etc. to spend time here with all of you nut-jobs. So, probably a wash? [cheers.gif]

Hilarious - we all know that if he said Beaucastel, he wouldn’t have been sarcastic

I hope you can find the right balance so you still keep making your wines and we still get your presence here.

I think that was all on eBob, wasn’t it? Rob Kenney with public with his complaint and (Big) Jay Miller posted … and one thing led to another.

That conversation migrated to here, after Bob and Mark slapped posters for discussing facts.

I would bet Piper Cellars

That’s the way I remember it; the big meltdown/kerfuffle was over on eBob for the most part. Of course, that was in the “good old days” when it was a public board so that disclosures of problems (or potential problems) would be more widely disseminated.

Bruce

I stand corrected, Victor. Thanks for unearthing some fond memories. The best part of that saga for me was Dan Posner’s epic bad tasting with four bottles of Sierra Carche that were each uniquely defective.

“The creation of this wine, from hard-to-trace vineyards and cuvees, is akin to three junkyard dogs, who cannot even discern each other’s gender, conjugating in trial-and-error fashion to spawn a species-less, unloveable, nasty mutt.” – Victor Hong

You are entitled to quote yourself in the case of that pearl.

Mark and fatBob went ballistic. That explains their refusal to archive the historic Negam-Aki Thread, despite my requests.