Have you ever gone out and purchased every available bottle of a wine?

NO!

Being a greedy bastard only serves to give Wine Berserkers a bad name among the non-drinking populace. What happened to being “generous” and “giving”…oh yeah, that’s only for the ones who have cornered the market! [wow.gif]

Wow. I’d buy cases upon cases at that price.

I buy all but one bottle and then I send out a PSA on WB.

1 Like

Double wow.

Not national, but I did run around to 3-4 local Cost Plus World Markets for some vintage of Pontet Canet quite a few years ago (and I know I am not the only one who did that).
Did the same for a Spiegelau (or was it Riedel) decanter/glass set at BBB - bought multiple sets.

Another huge winner!!!

Yeah but if they’re non-drinking, surely they won’t mind.

I haven’t deliberately gone out and purchased every bottle available, but if I look at Wine Searcher or just use Google and there’s a wine only available at one place, I’ve bought that. Also picked stuff up that didn’t appear on WS or Google. A few years ago I was in a small store in Spain and the guy had some great wines. I grabbed a bunch of them and mentioned that you couldn’t find those in the US. “We don’t find them here either,” he replied. He seemed to have had the last batch that he picked up from a restaurant that closed.

Well, purchased… No. There was that time that I Looted the Walgreens and cleared 2 shopping carts of Franzia white zin. Those suckers who were busy carrying off deodorant and sudafed don’t know what they missed out on.

The 2008 Terra Blanca Arch Terrace Merlot had a small brett problem so they closed most of them out to places like Grocery Outlet, etc. I bought one from a grocery store late in the year and loved it (I’m a big fan of a little brett) so I bought every bottle I could find all over town. I think I got almost a case, but had I discovered it like 3-4 months earlier I could have probably had more than I could store. They’ve all since been consumed and at least one was a little too flawed even for me, but for ~$15 a pop I got a lot of enjoyment out of it.

When Costco had the 2014 Trisaetum Wichmann Dundee Estate Riesling we tried a bottle and went back the next day and bought the last remaining case in the region.

You bought every bottle on the market of 2012 Oyster Bay? Isn’t the production of that wine hundreds of thousands of cases, and isn’t that wine found in countless thousands of supermarkets?

Or are we just talking about wines we bought “a lot” of?

Many years ago I walked into a local shopper discount liquor and saw a bottle of '88 Krug CDM in its wood case on a shelf at a ridiculous price. I casually asked the proprietor how many he had, my heart pounding. He said 9 more in the back, in a temperature controlled room. I bought them all, expecting to be pulled back in and arrested for robbery till I got to my car!

I went pretty deep into Unico a while back - purchased as much of the '94 as I could find. Many other examples but my Unico run for about a month back then set my wine budget back a bit :slight_smile:.

Thx Jens - I now know who is hogging all of the Vogue Amoose in the world neener. That’s one of my favorites!

I bought every bottle I could find between Bangor & Mass. I’d say I stopped at about 15-25 grocery stores & hit every wine shop I knew. I didn’t find it until the 13 had already been released. While this is widely distributed…in grocery stores. I found it particularly difficult to find.

Great stuff. I still have about 10

Wish I’d bought every bottle of Caymus in 2012. I would have paid a big fortune but would have made billions after the dump.
Would have grabbed all the 1L too.

Maybe trillions…

And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?

neener

1 Like

Cash. Zillions.
Buys more soul.

Well played.

I’ve never tried to clean out the entire country of a wine, but years ago Brown Derby was closing out the 2000 (or was it 2002) DeVillaine Les Clous for $9.99/btl. I bought the last remaining 10 cases.

Yes, once. I had to have it flown in from London since there was none in the US. There is now none in Europe. What wine? MYOB, as my mother used to say, because I want more if they become available.