Help me buy ~200 bottles of Bordeaux to drink by 2024

Make sure the wine says Sauternes (or Barsac) and NOT Sauterne. A wine labeled Sauterne likely would not be real (or would be a cheap old California wine). https://www.easy-french-food.com/sauterne-wine.html#:~:text=Whereas%20a%20Sauterne%20wine%20is,%2C%20Sauvignon%20blanc%2C%20and%20Muscadelle.&text=Yes%2C%20Sauternes%20is%20made%20from%20moldy%20grapes!

For near term consumption, I’d look at the 2012 and 2014 vintages generally. Some wines from 2010 might also be open to drinking, but these would generally be unclassified growths. Some wines I’d consider:

More Traditional
Cantemerle, Potensac (consider 2010 also), Sociando, d’Issan, Château Chasse-Spleen, Fugue de Nenin (never had this second wine, but might be a good wildcard), Gloria, Talbot,

More modern styled:
Château Lascombes, Château La Dominique

Rose:
I’d roll the dice on a few bottles of the Provence wines, though I’ve never had any of them

White:
Château Doisy-Daëne

Sweet:
2007 Château Suduiraut, Château Doisy-Daëne

Consider some 375ml for experimentation

Champagne
Billecart-Salmon “Brut/Réserve” 1/2 Blle (really anything by this producer), Henriot Cuvée des Enchanteleurs

Looking at that list, you won’t get much pleasure, but you will get an education. The wines are almost without exception too young to enjoy, especially in the time frame you are talking about. Anything great is overpriced, and the lesser wines seem about right.

And I have two things to share.

1. Make a group purchase of a couple of cases of the more expensive wines. Then you can learn about them, and enjoy being with your colleagues at the same time. The more experienced people will enjoy teaching those less experienced, and of course, this is an inexpensive way to taste great wines. If you can stretch to a vertical of say Montrose or Ducru, it will be rewarding.

2. Buy for yourself the lesser wines. The second wine idea is good for most occasions, splash out for a few more expensive wines such as d’Issan and Ducru. The 2014 BTW is not completely closed. Also from that list, Phelan seems well priced.

I think the 10 Cantenac brown is drinking great now and that’s a good price, I’d load up.