Hennessey Fire, Napa

Not again. Seems like the Lake Hughes fire down here in SoCal was a premonition of bad things to come - and eclipse. Stay safe out there!

Yesterday afternoon looking north from my Sémillon block in Oak Knoll.
D9BDA9EE-EE27-454F-8BFA-FD2DE2821710.jpeg

Check out this address for (mostly) live video from PG&E cameras around NorCal.

http://www.alertwildfire.org/northbay/index.html?v=81e004f

These are crazy! Mt. Vaca fully engulfed!

http://www.alertwildfire.org/northbay/index.html?camera=Axis-MtVaca5
http://www.alertwildfire.org/northbay/index.html?camera=Axis-MtVaca8

Latest warnings and evacuation notices via Sarah:

:rotating_light:NEW MANDATORY EVACUATION ORDERS and WARNINGS FOR Napa due to the Hennessey Fire🚨
Please reach out to friends and family and let them know. We cannot trust cell phones and Nixles, etc.
MANDATORY
:rotating_light:Hwy 121 (Monticello Rd) from Wooden Valley Rd to Vichy Ave
Please evacuate now.

WARNING
:rotating_light:The evacuation order for Monticello Rd from Vichy to Silverado Trail is now a warning per CAL FIRE
:rotating_light:Ink Grade from Pope Valley Rd to White Cottage Rd
:rotating_light:Howell Mtn Rd from Pope Valley Rd to White Cottage Rd
Be prepared to leave if asked. If you feel unsafe please voluntarily leave. Pack your bag now, get ready to go.

My insurance company just posted this imagine a few hours ago.
save.jpg

The Hennessey fire exploded overnight and burned to northeastern Vacaville and now causing evacuations in northern Fairfield. Relatives and friends in both cities had to evacuate. Add to that, it is burning its way down Atlas Peak Road in Napa working it’s way towards Silverado Country Club where one of the major fires in 2017 started.

This one has me very worried Randy. Our home is just a few blocks from yours and just saw some pictures of the eastern ridge (looking toward Vacaville) - the sky is glowing bright red. Rt. 80 is closed in Fairfield. I know resources are spread thin, but we need more air support.

They keep begging for more air support but there are just too many fires with no containment and not enough resources. Burning slowly our way but still barring a wind shift, it is moving slowly and still miles away.

Mandatory evacuations in place for Angwin and Deer Park as of ~7.30pm tonight. Silverado Trail between Calistoga and 128 also in that order.

“ The largest of the Napa County fires was the Hennessey, which exploded to 100,000 acres Wednesday as it merged with three other blazes — the Gamble, Green and Markley fires — burning in the rugged eastern hills of the county.“

And Travis AFB being evacuated. All non-essential mission personnel and their families are being told to leave.

new fire reported at 1494 Walnut Lane in Napa.

2-3 acres at this time.

The camera in Bonny Doon does not look good.

-Al

Isn’t that Mondavi and To Kalon?

According to twitter, what they’re calling the #MondaviFire is 3-5 acres but “good progress being made” - in the sense of good for the firefighting, not the fire.
image0.jpeg

and MacDonald …

Mondavi Fire is under control and evacuations have been lifted.

A lot of activity last night by CalFire setting back burns in the Atlas Peak area as well as east of Coombsville. Waiting on the morning update on containment but for the first time this week I feel a bit optimistic.

I was expecting evacuation last night and it didn’t happen. Green dot is the area of our home. Of course red is fire.
21AB9751-63E5-41A4-8D78-C00C6AFAE219.jpeg

CalFire Update this morning 220,000 acres 7% containment
B7B10998-9A81-4F46-BE94-367B7B8CBD0C.jpeg
C25338B3-23B1-477B-8C07-160A8813C9A6.jpeg
3C8EEB40-9240-4370-8485-2A2316258A99.jpeg
ED09D7C9-2EE7-4735-B9BA-1BE37F2D515C.jpeg

I was evacuted days ago, but did not leave. It is lovely here, would not have missed it for the world. The 2017 evacuation left me with many scars, and I am not reliving them. Good health and life and harvest to those who make their own decisions.

I thought you were in the evacuation zone when I heard it but since you are down near the trail figured you were safe. :+1:t2: CalFire explained the next day that they issued the orders early since there is really only one road in/out of the mountains and they wanted folks to evacuate during daylight (also concerned about the hospital). Stay safe Merrill - Unfortunately, we have more lightening storms coming Sunday thru Tuesday. :cry: