Honeymoon plans: help me make a decision

I’d certainly favour somewhere which didn’t involve a flight transfer, and ideally one which is only a 2-4 hour drive or train journey from your commitment in Andalucia. Longer than 2 hours so that you’re not left waiting for your room/apartment, shorter than 4 hours because such long transfers wipe out a large part of that day and leave you more tired than ideal.

I guess the key question is do you want something energetic, where you race around seeing everything, or something more relaxing / romantic? Road trips are feasible if that excites you, but having a sensible and appealing base with options to head out or chill might appeal more.

My experience comes from over the border in Portugal, with parts of the Algarve very charming (more so that expected). Tavira certainly charming with very good food and good walking either inland or around the coastal salt flats. Also the areas along the river that separates southern Portugal and Spain very appealing.

Of the three Jorge mentioned, have to agree with this. Alsace is probably the more difficult to get to. Loire is interesting, but doesn’t have the scenic beauty of burgundy or Alsace.

Bearing in mind the distances involved, I’d also suggest Porto. Really stunning city, wonderfully friendly people, incredible food destination and obviously masses of wine stuff to explore. Weather should be lovely then. Stay at the Yeatman.