How Does it Groove You?

I wish I had some zany antic answer to that question, but in fact wine rescued my miserable ass from a life of meaningless sloth and decadence. There’s nothing I’d rather be doing. I can’t think of much that I COULD do.

That’s an enviously beautiful thing. I used to say that and no longer do. Need to find my way back home…

So when’s the next book?!? flirtysmile

I hope you can, and I’d be glad to help and support if I can.

We’ll have a paperback edition of RBTW next Fall. I’d like to write a nice long forward - or even an entirely new chapter - but the Press is demurring. They say it’s more appropriate for a future edition, which of course may never come. The material is good.

This book is a kind of soul-summary of all the time I’ve been drinking wine and what it seems to be trying to teach me. When I wrote it, it was everything in me to say.

At this point I feel two things. One, it would feel unseemly to force a second book just because the first was well-received. Two, I like the feeling of a little white space around the book. It’s like sitting in the movie theater for a few minutes after the last scene of the film, not because you want to see who the gaffer was, but just because it’s unnaturally abrupt to jump up and bolt out. (If, of course, the movie was good and left a residue.)

So I’ll write again if the spirit moves me, and if I have something new to say, or some way of elaborating on the themes of RBTW that makes them clearer and more alive.

It’s nice of you to ask.