How many allocation lists are you on?

dropped almost all lists - some I waited years to get on.
Now just two or three.
I ended up with too much wine from the same producers, same years, same amount of aging needed. And I am running out of years to drink it all.

I think the responses need to factor whether the respondent favors US domestic wines or wines from outside the US, where generally the concept of a winery maintaining a mailing list seems foreign. (Yes - intended!)

For example, I can purchase Rancia locally. If I could not do so and Felsina had a mailing list, I would certainly be on that list.
I enjoy Oregon and California pinot noir. Roughly 99% of the wines I purchase from lists are wines for which I will not see comparable products in my local wine store.

Combination of factors, but mostly I don’t drink very much domestic wine and I am old. The combination has me looking for backfills on mature wines, and not recent vintage reds. Also, the domestic wines I used to buy with regularity have gotten expensive enough that they have become easy passes for me.

Rhys & Littorai . Rhys has shipping inluded and thus you can order just a couple of bottles. From littorai I order sparingly. I also have a few friends who take some of my bottles. Not buying IS an option.

Looking back at my inbox I get offers from 50 different brands. I obviously don’t buy from all of them each release but I mix them up to keep my cellar diverse.

Ahh I forgot to add Massican to my list. Sounds like a solid policy!

Woah? Any particular reason?

Pride, Quivet, Myriad, Carter Cellars, Rivers Marie, Sin Qua Non, Saxum, Alban, Andremily, Next of Kyn, Lillian, Quilceda Creek, Trespass, Outpost, Realm

Mostly lost interest as my tastes changed to almost exclusively old world. I was never on more than 2-3, and those mostly because I visited the winery and signed up in a moment of excitement. I haven’t bought a recent vintage new world wine in ages. Also, we now buy depth rather than breadth, and would rather buy cases of the wines we know we love (price permitting) instead of hitting the bid on on dozens of wines across multiple mailers.

I’m more focused on European wines and don’t care to be tied to minimum orders, etc.

A good number of them (8 to 10) but I have purposely dropped off a few recently due to pricing or quality issues.

I have gotten to the point where its hard to find occasions to drink the really expensive/good stuff so I opt for value.

A lot of you are on way more lists than I could ever handle. I don’t get it, to be honest.

I’m on two.
D&R 'cause they are old friends and Ultramarine 'cause Hardy told me I should years ago (and he was right).

Oh, and this -/\

Down to 3. I’m no longer on any lists that drop you if you miss a year or two or that require you to buy X to get Y.

At one point years ago it was close to 20. The initial pain of dropping them was replaced by a sense of relief and freedom.

I was on a little more than a half dozen. Slowly dropped off as our palates shifted and wines accumulated.

Between the lists and internet hunting, I also realized I hardly ever stopped into wine shops and randomly tried new things. I missed that and I am now making it a point to look locally for obscure Piedmont varieties.

If you wait until special occasions to drink the really expensive/good stuff, it may be too late in terms of the life of the wine and/or you or any significant others. So don’t wait !!!

Agree! A special day doesn’t make the wine special. The wine makes the day special!

On about two dozen but order from about 6 every vintage occasionally from others

I had a thread on this last year and I think I had something like 37? allocation lists I was on and was trying to cut it down. Well now I am at 12 lists with almost all of those that only require a one bottle minimum to purchase which makes it more appealing. For example, I love Aubert but a six bottle minimum was just tough so I dropped them even though you pay a premium on secondary market usually for their wine. It feels really good to knock off 25 lists and focus on a few that I love. Still waiting on 6 more waiting lists and then will re assess my list and cut some more probably

curious because im in the stage right now where I am getting ONTO lists, what sort of shipping prices end up being unusually high?

+1.
6. Must ship FedEx or no-go.

Schrader
Scarecrow
MACDONALD
Drinkward-Peschon
Continuum
Lewelling
Saxum
Lillian
Rhys
Failla
Antica Terra
Myriad
Quivet
Roar
Cristom
Vincent
Franny Beck
Pisoni
Copain
Limerick Lane
Acorn
Epoch
No Girls (although I passed last year so I am probably shunned)
Horsepower (ditto)
Roy
Keever
Levy & Mc

But I will probably only buy from about 10 this year