How many wine glasses have you broken?

Todd and Charlie are right, I easily win this one. I snap them a pic every time. It’s shocking how often and how many. I’m a Neanderthal.

And the worst part is, I do not even wash them.

Hmm, perhaps that all ties in. Use it, break it, don’t have to clean it.

[cheers.gif]

All but 8…and those are all of random vintage and brand at this point.

This question is like asking “How many of your romantic relationships of yours are currently intact.”

That would make a great thread…broken stem pics.

1 Like

How many stars in the sky, how many grains of sand on the beach, how many snowflakes in a blizzard…

6 Likes

What Craig said above- house rule is wine glasses do not get washed until the next day. Still can’t count how many we have broken over the years.

oooOF that Zalto!

That moment when you realize you should buy cheaper glasses haha

infinity +1 right?

New definition of disposable drinkware.

Too many to keep count!

Since lunch?

Personally, only one and that was wiping the rim that had some sediment from a bad pour. Snapped the stem and the rest shattered into a million pieces(although I like the atoms reference). My hands are not built or wash these glasses so my wife has broken about 7. Not a blame, just a function of time.

I would say more than 50, and less than 100 over the last 20+ years.

Me 1, guests 1/2 dozen

Something into three digits.

Probably about a dozen over the past 20 years. But the only four that really hurt were the 4 Gabriel Glas Gold’s that I killed in less than a two year span. Having much better luck with Grassl Liberte’s (thus far)

I wear gloves when I hand wash, but only broke a few washing. The drying I’ve had plenty of breaks and an occasional cut, almost always due to distracted drying. Had two glasses break in a row with the same exact break.

We’ve broken dozens.

Broke all 6 of my last set over a few years. Broke a couple of Grassls.

So many that the rule in our house is that I am not allowed to wash glasses the same night I drink out of them, regardless of how much has been consumed. Sadly, that rule hasn’t stopped the carnage.