How much is DRC retail if you can get it

Last I checked you can still drive across the border in your vehicle and place the items for auction in the US. Auction houses here have no compunction about accepting bottles of DRC from Canada for auction. It is getting progressively sillier and sillier is it not? I mean really, $150,000 for a case of wine? I have been lucky enough to taste DRC on 2 occasions, young bottles though they were. Strangely enough the heavens did not open and I did not get a glimpse of God. It tasted like, well, like GC Burgundy that should develop well. This must be an example of the ultimate label bias wine of all time.

My .02. If you can hose the money out of some gazillionaire for a bottle of this juice, more power to you. I think of it as the ultimate in income redistribution.

[stirthepothal.gif]

WD direct.

You obviously didnā€™t factor in the cost and exclusivity when forming your tasting impression. [cheers.gif]

The Instagram picture is worth at least +10 points!

Damn, what a lucky guyā€¦

why donā€™t you call any of the major city stores and ask to talk to a wine manager? Theyā€™ll happily sell you a bottle, just pick up the phone

Most retailers mark up DRC. The friends and family of WD list is cheaper, but not wholesale. WD had an issue with selling to a grocery store in Arizona, (Bashas was probably the second largest retailer of wine in AZ)ā€¦of course that was with the 2005 vintage, basically cutting me off. 2005 La Tache was under $700 a bottle but selling at retail for $3500+. No more DRC for Dave.

Damn, bummer Dave!

Gotta askā€¦are you saying they were selling 05 DRC at Bashas??? They would have had to deal with a major clean up in aisle 5 as I probbaly would have peed my pants if I saw that. Itā€™s the type of place you go to buy apothic and manage troisā€¦not the worldā€™s most exclusive Burgundy.

Maybe it was for A.Jā€™s??? Pretty sure Bashas owns them, or at least used to.

AJā€™s, Bashasā€™ and Food City are all owned by Bashasā€™, but yes, it was AJā€™sā€¦ My 2005 Roumier Bonnes-Mares was under $100 per bottleā€¦
2005 was the last vintage purchased from AJā€™sā€¦

Gotcha, thanks Dave. And sorry again to hear about the DRC

Funny, thatā€™s what I drink the least of nowadaysā€¦

I wouldnā€™t be posting pics of your DRC if you are getting from a friend.

Indeed, those are wise words.

Thereā€™s also a DRC direct list. I know of one person on that list. I met him briefly through a mutual friend on my last Burgundy trip.

This is list of ā€œallocatairesā€ like you have for all domaines in Burgundy. Not a secret. You just go there to pick up your yearly allocation. I am sure there are plenty of people with direct allocations at the domaine, but not sure whether they accept new ones.

Now that must be an exclusive club. Probably have to have an address in Monaco.

I believe the LCBO agreed to prohibit DRC sales via auction in Ontario a few years ago as an olive branch since they wouldnā€™t release the lottery ā€˜winnersā€™ names to Halpern or DRC.
So my La Tache will end up in my belly or IF I wait long enough and the $ is right, in the US or Hong Kong.

One could buy DRC wines in duty-free shops in major airports in Europe at normal market price.

The serial number on the label of the bottle is always blacken-out in order to hide who is the original owner of that particular bottle ā€¦

Panama.

Been a few years since this thread - anyone know of even more current retail pricing? Thanks

Are you looking for current vintages or any DRC? I believe the 2019 vintage allocations are getting released sometime soon if I remember correctly, could be wrong.