How to improve the ordering process next year? Your thoughts.

I thought it went pretty smoothly overall but generally prefer being able to place my order on a website and get a detailed email confirmation right away as opposed to emailing my order and waiting to hear back before I know if it was placed successfully. Part of that is my own OCD about wanting to enter everything (including monetary damages) into CellarTracker immediately. I’m still waiting on one of my orders to be finalized via email.

Stop yer braggin. I hope you earned miles or points for that spend. flirtysmile

Brig, I volunteer to be on the committee to ‘proof’ the offers.

Me too!

Another thing that would really help is to find a way when the offers are posted on the 27th to have the thread time stamped for the time of posting, rather than when it was originally created. Not sure how the forum software works - maybe it needs a new thread.

Anyway, that would make it a lot easier to see what are the newest offers (e.g., what’s new since 11:00am) - as it is, it’s pretty hard to follow, and I think I missed a couple that floated way down while others got multiple replies to keep them up near the top.*

• BTW, kudos to Liquid Farm for a genius strategy to keep their thread near the top and thus maximize visibility - a raffle for everyone who posts that they purchased.

+2 on LF. As a prospective first time buyer the packages and options were too complex. Less is more sometimes…

All of my simple orders went fine with no issues.

Is there a reason it was on a tuesday and not a sat or sun?

Is is always on January 27.

I would not be able to handle a coupon or code or something from my end. I make up the offer, have my web guy replace my current order page with it, after the ordering period take it down, and revert to the regular offer. For me it is simple this way.From what I can tell, the “error” rate was tiny. Mostly operator error (some of those people’s fingers were working pretty fast that day!).

I say let the retailers / vineyards design their own programs. They’ll learn from their mistakes. You can’t force everyone into one format. This isn’t the Soviet Union after all - and even the Soviet Union isn’t the Soviet Union anymore.

Personally, I had fun and bought from 2 vintners I never knew existed. With some of the recommendations seen here and a little help from a couple friends in the business, I have great anticipation for the wines I’ll be racking.

Oh, and more dog photos. Dogs are cool.

It would be appreciated that knowing whether or not you could only buy one “package” in a listing. I tried to buy two of same package but was only allocated one. I would have opted to buy one of Bailiwick’s other packages if I had known.

Good point, I bumped into this as well last year.

A small blurb with the T&C’s and any other restrictions, rules, makes sense and takes no efforts.