I F'ing Love Breakfast

Yeah. The gap between a good and bad croissant is as big of a good-bad gap as I can think of with any food.

I donā€™t think those things sold in 12 packs at Costco should be allowed to be labeled as croissants. Ditto anything coming from a tube of refrigerated dough.

Yes, definitely needs to come from a high quality bakery.

Iā€™m also a fan of spicy breakfast. One work trip a few years back one of the guys finished off the evening with creme de menthe (after beer or tequila or something). I told him it was wise to skip the green stuff. He was turning green the next morning drinking coffee while I had a spicy omelet and ladled on the hot sauce.

-Al

Someone should come up with a Chipolte concept for breakfast.

He should have had Benedictine.

Eggs Benedict if Iā€™m going out. Otherwise, either a toasted baguette w a little mayo and tuna or tomato, Jamon & EVOO all with my triple expresso con leche. Those would be my favorites, often though it just the coffeeā€¦but thatā€™s everyday.

Mine will vary .
But I can say, when on vacation at a resort , is to get a cook to order omelette with various veggies, and lox/smoked salmon (I do it at home sometimes too). When we were on vacation last month I had it 6 straight mornings.

When I was working I would make a 5-6 portion frittata on Sunday, portion it out and individually wrap them. All I had to do was microwave them in the morning and viola- hot breakfast almost instantly.

Normally I have fruit and oatmeal. My favorite breakfast is an everything bagel, cream cheese a squeeze of lemon and smoked salmon with OJ and coffee. Thatā€™s last meal worthy.

Your tinned fish with a toasted baguette would be a perfect way to start a day.

I gotta get with it and do that.

As a ā€˜recovering catholic,ā€™ I am prone to ā€˜wait for a more special occasionā€™ to do things. So I still have some from last Berserker day. I think I will load up better and take more pleasure this next BD.

(Used your olive oil last night making saffron rice. Thatā€™s some fine oil!)

Sometimes leftovers, sometimes bagel/cream cheese. This morning I had leftover bucatini carbonara. Added more guanciale and a bit of butter to moisten it up. One way to get your eggs and cured pork product (guanciale in place of bacon) for breakfast!

I typically donā€™t eat breakfast for a couple of hours after I wake up, especially now that Iā€™m retired. I do have a cup of coffee as soon as I get up.

That is so comforting and much appreciated Anton. Iā€™m having a slow sofa day, as I got my 3rd jab yesterday and am feeling my vigorous immune response kicking my backside. So your kind words are much appreciated.

I love breakfast tooā€¦ but on 5 or 6 of 7 days I am so basic about itā€¦ hot oatmeal or Cheerios half the daysā€¦ eggs and some starch the others. Bagels and lox on the 7th day.

I have to eat breakfast. I rarely eat lunch; but never skip breakfast. At home, my typical breakfast consists of juice, coffee, assortment of cold cuts, bacon, egg (how prepared depends on what the cook feels like making), a bit of bread, cheese, etc. On the rare occasion, Iā€™ll just have a croissant with butter and jam (with my juice and coffee).

I have a full hot Filipino breakfast only on Saturdays to ā€œload upā€ before golf. Filipino breakfasts typically involve fried garlic rice, eggs (as preferred), chopped tomatoes, and an assortment of sausages, bacon, corned beef, luncheon meat, dried fish, etc.
F72C15C9-13A9-4A76-85A2-35FC5D8FCA06.jpeg
This is todayā€™s typical breakfast: grapefruit juice, coffee, a brioche bun (bread basket not in photo), butter, cheese, slice of papaya, sliced tomato, a poached egg, some bacon, prosciutto di Parma, IbĆ©rico de bellota (Montaraz), etc.

First real day of vacation tomorrow.
Organic, stone ground grits.
Farm fresh eggs
Leftover Lewis brisket.

I might be too excited to sleep.

1 Like

Have that now.