I forgot how bad Outback sucks

I dare say that I think I detect some sarcasm. Well played.

Wow, Eric, you have come a LONG way! [welldone.gif] flirtysmile

Well I know this one was subtle. But I’m pretty sure I detected it. Plus in my time in Australia I don’t recall having any delicious Parmesan pasta. Wouldn’t that be Italian?

I think that is what they teach the “chefs” at Olive Garden.

Has anyone had the privilege in N. Ca of dining at a Black Bear Diner. Now there’s unique food.

I’ve had breakfast there. Hard to mess that up.

Brilliant :slight_smile:

Miss you, Bobby!

What’s sad is people still go to the Black Bear in Sonoma - which is a five minute drive from the Fremont Diner… [shock.gif]

Black Bear is for people who can’t get enough food on one plate. “Can I have a side of biscuits and gravy with that Chicken Fried Steak, Eggs and lb of Home Fries?”

Not to mention Black Bear has extended hours over Fremont Diner.

Denny’s has extended hours as well… [barf.gif]

If Black Bear is the only option, I think I’d go with a coffee from El Molino Central and plans for an early lunch. Although, now that I think of it, we don’t hit EMC for Chilaquiles enough so maybe we will go with that. [wow.gif]

Have a little compassion for people with a severe case of masochism, it is considered a mental illness. Bad food, but why such large portions?

I was thinking more along the lines of cruising into Sonoma well after dark because you just flew into SMF and you’re starving and looking for anyplace to eat.

I think I see the problem, Brian. You’re looking for an American steakhouse experience, and criticizing Outback for not delivering one. But that’s not really fair, now is it? Outback doesn’t pretend to be American - on the contrary, it’s an Australian icon and they do things differently down there. For example, they cook steaks on the “barbie,” but we Yanks cook steaks on a “grill.” Totally different. But if you’re receptive to the difference between a signature sirloin cooked on a barbie versus a grill, you might just appreciate the extra toughness and unique flavors of the Outback a little more. Same deal for the Bloomin Onion. You may think that if the Bloomin Onion doesn’t resemble the onion rings that you’re used to stateside that the Aussies are somehow getting it wrong. Hardly. It’s a cultural thing. As Outback says about the Bloomin Onion, it’s “[a] true Outback original. Our special onion is hand-carved by a dedicated bloomologist, cooked until golden and ready to dip into our spicy signature bloom sauce.” If you really don’t like them, perhaps it’s because of the special Outback onions themselves, or the manner in which they are carved by bloomologists, or maybe the spicy signature bloom sauce doesn’t suit your American palate, or maybe it’s a combination of all these things. I don’t know. But what I do know is that when I branch out and sample exotic cuisines, I try to do so with an open mind, expecting that some ingredients and cooking methods may be a bit unfamiliar. Give 'em another try; but this time, imagine that you sweating off a bender on a dusty, arid river bed as you enjoy your authentic Aussie Cheese Fries. If you relax your rigidity just a bit, you might just feel transported. As they say in Australia, “no rules, just right!”

Sean Moore = WINNING

[worship.gif] [worship.gif]

I want my wedding ring to be hand carved by a bloomologist. flirtysmile

Yes - back in my traveling days, I ate plenty of dinners out of a hotel vending machine…

Late night Sonoma - open 10pm or later:
Pub food - Hopmonk on Broadway
Fancy - Girl and the Fig Bistro Menu
Authentic - Taco Cart out in front of Jalisco Tortilleria on Napa Street (they don’t get going until about 6pm), Or El Molino Central farther north on Hwy 12.

Don’t take your yet to be discovered Vegan boyfriend there, Linda. [whistle.gif]