I’m getting too old to buy more wine!

[wow.gif] [swearing.gif] [head-bang.gif]

When I bought 1982 Cos d’Estournal, it was $130 a case.

I hate you. From a guy who paid $60 for ‘96 Cantemerle. It aint’ what it used to be!!!

[cheers.gif] Having bought wines when they were reasonably priced is about the only thing we old farts have going for us.

Alfert, do you accept Baudrys as payment? (We have a strict no Baudrys payment policy. AR gets uppity.)

I assume I will magically turn crotchety like you guys when I turn 50 in April. I’m used to being on a ladder five feet in the air while moving full cases in a very cramped wine locker at Chelsea Wine Storage. Admittedly dicey. But Jay Miller was one of my locker mates, and I saw him do a pirouette on that ladder while holding a case of 1990 Drouhin Bonnes Mares in one hand. And he’s got 10 years on me.

Good thing we hightailed it out of there 3 years ago.

How do you think they pack in all that “flavor”?

I rather enjoyed going there with Jay several years ago.

C´mon, sounds you are way younger than me - and when I returned from France in September I had to unload 400+ bottles (some have been collected for friends) in 2 hours … to bring the rented bus back … and I´m still alive.

I recommend asking help from some friends - and afterwards invite them for a lunch with a good bottle …

Gentlemen, the solution is simple and requires 3 items: a long plank of flat plywood, a thick rope and a crate with a handle. The plywood goes on the stairs and serves as your ramp. Tie the rope to one end of the crate securely to the handle. Place the wine bottles in the crate, grab the rope, and then slowly and gently place it on the ramp and control its descent downwards. You still need some muscle power but nowhere near as much. When don, you just put all three components away.

It was phenomenal while it lasted. Until they tried to raise our monthly fee by 225% with one-month notice.

You old men are depressing me!

That, and we got to see all the best bands.

I’m also a lot younger, and a lot less crotchety, when my back doesn’t hurt. [snort.gif]

one word for us geezers to live by: backfill!

Sounds more like back brace for those posting in this thread.

…and I thought this was going to be about Piedmont & Actuarial Tables. :slight_smile: . I’m mid-aged and I have to admit that I’ve thought that 2013 might be the last vintage I buy from this region. Good thing - prices are getting stupid on my fav. wines.

Cote d’Or, Champagne, Loire, Jura, etc. are another matter. I guess one might add Vin Jaune and certain GCs to the list.

-mark

This is simpler than taking down 6 bottles at a time?

[wow.gif]

Fixed it.

Do you people in Orlando know what a basement is?