If you owned a wine store and wanted to pick a bottle to celebrate with?

You guys have given me a great idea I think I have a 5 liter of 2004 her birth year so I will keep you all posted if you have ideas keep them coming but thanks for getting the mind working again.

Looking at your website and searching for red 5 liter, looks like Aalto PS is the winner ? Nice wine and a great vintage for Spain.

Not everything I can choose from is on my site. That is an amazing bottle. Now you have me thinking maybe 2 mags I have a mag of that wine and a mag of 2004 Merus I also have a mag of 2004 SQN into the dark, I think I even have a a mag of 2004 Crystal. see this is how I have been then i can not decide and i am back to square 1

Salon

What vintage is the Aalto PS? I have only tasted the 2000 vintage - probably at ~5 years of age.

Though many professional and CT notes commented on an overt oakiness, I detected nothing of the sort. I loved the bottle! Even as a Ribera del Duero, supposedly the home of many over-the-top reds, I found it to be absolutely balanced and a true pleasure to drink! I held it in higher esteem than most other Ribera del Duero wines I had tried, and on-par or surpassing a good number of my favorite Rioja reds.

Anyway, I would like to congratulate Peter’s daughter on her achievement! This must be an incredibly proud moment for you!!!

Traditional celebrations usually call for Champagne, but I think any wine will be enhanced by the occasion and, in turn, the occasion will be enhanced by a glass of celebratory wine! :slight_smile:

Cheers!

You know that magnum you’ve moved to the store room because it’s worth two or three times the original retail price and you wouldn’t drink because it was worth so much? That’s the one.

The Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle. Because on your website, it’s priceless. Must be a message there…

Or make it a dinner with 3 bottles:
1996 Salon
1990 Latour (2005 de Vogue Musigny VV if you’re a Burghead, 1991 Dominus if Cali is your thing)
1995 Yquem

champagne.gif

Precisely the point of a cellar worth its name. Same here. [thumbs-up.gif]

Would it be too pretentious if I said, that the OP’s issue is my daily predicament?

OK I am back with an update my daughter’s Intermediate team took the gold medal and are the National Champions her novice team had a tough skate One skater ended up needing 12 stitches they finished 4th in the country. we celebrated with a Mag of 2004 Crystal and a Mag of 2004 Merus Cabernet and somehow I managed to kill of a bottle of Rock Hill Farms Single Barrel over the week. All in all it was a fantastic trip and competition.

Congratulations to your daughter Larry

That is beautiful!

Please send the finest regards from this band of internet crazies!!! champagne.gif champagne.gif

Congratulations!

Haha! First, congrats to your daughter! That’s a fantastic accomplishment, and you must feel very proud and happy for her.

Second, your the Wine Cellar in Palatine?!? That’s awesome. My wife is from palatine and I lived there in the early and mid 90s. Anyway, I get up that way not infrequently and have been in your store many times. In fact, some of my early experiences of vintage port were bought from you in the mid-late 90’s. I haven’t been in for a number of years, but I will make sure to stop in and say hello the next time I’m on my way to Barrington.

Congrats to your daughter, Larry. And to you!

Congratulations on the great accomplishments of your daughter.
Sweet that you wanted to celebrate with great wines, don’t we all do that?

Yeah, this, and perhaps (if possible) a vintage from her birth year or when she started training.

And Congratulations!

Congratulations. It is generally best IMHO for a celebration to be shared with others so I recommend bubbly and large quantities of something good, but not necessarily great. My recommendations would be Bereche, Cedric Bouchard or Ruinart.