In a world without DRC...

Wait…is DRC really that good or is it pure hype?

Yes.

[rofl.gif] [thumbs-up.gif]

Both.

But in the my world of burgundy, it should not be just about DRCnewhere .

Obviously, this question is quite ridiculous, so just feel free to take it as “who, on average, makes the second best wine from each of those four vineyards?” Thanks!

Wrong assumption [soap.gif] …for me and for my preference, DRC does not make the best Ech.

That´s what I thought … [diablo.gif]

Here´s a list of the RSV and Rb-owners … make your choice …

Romanee-St-Vivant:
Domaine de la Romanée-Conti 5,28 ha
Domaine Leroy 0,99 ha
Maison Louis Latour 0,76 ha
Domaine Jean-Jacques Confuron 0,50 ha
Familie Poisot → Drouhin 0,49 ha
Domaine Hudelot-Noellat 0,48 ha
Dom. Robert Arnoux(-Lascaux) 0,35 ha
Dom. de l´Arlot 0,25 ha
Dom. Sylvain Cathiard 0,17 ha
Jaeger → Dujac 0,17 ha

Richebourg
Domaine de la Romanee Conti 3,51ha
Leroy Charles Noellat 0,78
Gros Frere & Soeur 0,69
Gros Anne-Françoise (-Parent) 0,60
Gros Anne 0,60
Liger-Belair Thibault 0,55
Meo-Camuzet 0,35
Jean Grivot 0,32
Mongeard-Mugneret 0,31
Hudelot-Noellat 0,28
Clos Frantin (Bichot) 0,07

Wow you people are bad at reading comprehension. Drinx asked a very straight-forward question about who makes the best wine from four specific vineyards, excluding DRC. Why are people discussing La Romanee, Malconsorts and Gaudichots, when those three were not included in the question? And why also are people saying that no one else makes La Tache or RC when Drinx very obviously knows that and excluded them from the question too?

He doesn’t seem to have an issue with people discussing off tangents. Loosen up, Scotty boy.

How do you know? He hasn’t come back to post in the thread, and no one has really answered his question. Also, with all due respect, you just joined the site two days ago and you’re telling me to loosen up?

This is educational. [cheers.gif]

because that ^^

Fair enough. That was an indelicate way of trying to steer people towards the OP’s question. But I’d prefer to be called an a-hole by a board vet rather than a newcomer, nonetheless.

around these here parts, that’s an uphill battle fought on an inclined treadmill. [berserker.gif] You should know that by now! [tease.gif]

To answer the OP;

Leroy from RB and RSV the closest in quality and consistency, but different in style…

Then:

RSV - Cathiard, Arnoux (and Dujac from the few I have had, right up there…).

RB - Meo, then a bunch like H/N, Thibault Liger-Belair, and I like recent wines from Clos Frantin.

GE - Eugenie, Drouhin, Clos Frantin, Lamarche

E - Liger-Belair, Rouget, Dujac, Mugneret-Gibourg.

Chill out. It’s called thread drift… it happens.

Happy? [cheers.gif] [berserker.gif]

George

+1. But it (DRC) certainly has become expensive. It used to cost more than other vineyard versions, but not by that much–only in the last decade has price gone crazy.

Personally I do not like Arnoux’s RSV–their Suchots rocks, though. Give me H-N RSV, for the money, though I’d rather drink Leroy’s.

[berserker.gif]

Definitely wrong.
Malconsorts is NOT La Tâche … never was.
The Christianne parcel is not even in the middle of the slope but downhill in the corner between LT and Chaumes !
The Malconsorts parcel of Dujac is in the middle, and here is even a part of Les Gaudichots included (but it´s still not LT).

DRC is expensive but lately, in the secondary market, Rousseau Chambertin and CdBeze cost more.

For example DRC RSV 1999 the low estimate is at $1100 whereas Rousseau CdBese 1999 is at $1500.

Because they are better wines. neener