In Memoriam: A Tribute to my best friend, Claudine Kargere

Claudine sounds like a singular personality, and someone you truly treasured. How lucky she was to have as devoted and caring a friend as you in her life. My heartfelt sympathies to you, Dan, at her passing.

Thank you for sharing Dan, wonderful tribute.

Dan, we should all be so lucky to have someone remember us like this. Thanks for your story and sorry for your loss.

Thank you Dan - that was a great tribute!

Wow… Condolences on your loss… What a touching story… Thank you for sharing your luck at meeting this wonderful lady…

Thank you for that great tribute.

You did a perfect job.

As almost always I agree with Anton, [wow.gif]

It’s personalities and friends like that that make life worth living.

Indeed a beautifully written and evocative tribute. It is clear that she was also blessed to have you as a friend.

Thanks for sharing that Dan!

I am grateful and amazed at the response to my post. It was important to me to write carefully, as much to preserve my memories of Claudine as to encourage people to read this. I am astonished at almost 2000 views and almost 50 replies, all of them supportive. I also have received some replies by PM from people who prefer not to post publicly.

I am particularly pleased because I see myself as a peripheral member of the board; not because I’ve ever felt less than welcome, but because I post infrequently, both OPs and replies, and because my eclectic (or maybe really cheap) taste in wines is not in sync with many board members. I love entry-level Napa Cabs at 20 years of age, apparently not a major obsession of other board members .

A few replies to people who posted; I wish I could reply to everybody:

To Robert.A.Jr. – Thanks for your very fast and very kind reply.
To Alan Weinberg – you wrote “you should write a book.” I’m trying, I’m trying, just need some time, skill and coherence.
To Kelly Walker – Thank you. I’ve always found you to be a thoughtful and judicious poster.
To Chris Blum – Thanks for the humor.
To Neal Mollen – Thank you. I will now go and read your post about your friend in the Asylum.
To Jay Winton – Thank you for your note, and my late condolences for the loss of your mother. I endure rather than celebrate Christmas and like her have found Boxing Day to be joyous… in my case because Christmas is Over for another year.
To Glenn Levine – Thank you for the recognition that business can be so much more. I wish more people would reflect on the possibility that business can and often should be simply an integral seamless part of a life well lived.
To Diane Kessler – Thank you for telling me I have a gift… in fact I’ve had many, Claudine was one of the most important.
To David Kolin – Thank you for your thoughtful turn of phrase.
To Robert Creth – Thank you for your toast.
To Nola Palomar – Thank you for helping make this board a beautiful place.
To Craig G – I hope that every kind person has at least one other person to honor their memory.

Thank you so much to everybody who posted and to everybody who read my tribute to this wonderful and unique woman.

Dan Kravitz

Lovely and beautiful. This tribute is literally the description of a good life.

Dan, your participation on this board and the Parker board has always been a treasure, and this post is the Crown Jewel.