Introducing Claudine Wines w/Special Offer

Hi Lonnie,

It’s a great question and we get it all the time! I think one of the myths about wine is that older wine is better. I have two thoughts about that.

1. Not all wines are built to age. They might not have the tannins, acidity, fruit, and alcohol in harmony that is required to live in the bottle very long. They break down.
  2. Wines that are ageable evolve over time. When they are young, the fruit may dominate on the nose or on the palate. As is ages, you may get more of the secondary flavors - spices, earthiness. It is simply a matter of how you like to drink them!

Let me know if that is helpful and certainly happy to hear others thoughts on this!

-Brian
Proprietor, Claudine Wines

On the Coombsville specifically, the winery where we sourced this wine builds wines to age. I’ve had their wines that are more than 10 years old and think they are really, really nice. Only time will tell for this one, but I’m hiding a few away.

-Brian

Took advantage of the 25 dollar gift card and free shipping on 6 to buy 6 of the 2018 Syrah. That is good stuff for 34 bucks a bottle [good.gif]

Gift card expires end of year so hurry up if you want to use it…

Agree, although I believe you meant 2016 Syrah. It’s really good stuff. I recently took a mixed case.

lol…Cam has me stuck on 2018…