iOTA Cellars BD12 offer- 4 Deals on Eola Amity Hills Oregon Pinot, Chard and Rosé *EXTENDED through 1/30/21*

Got it! Receipt coming soon. Shipments to FL will need to hold until the weather temps are a little warmer on the shipping route. It’s usually sometime in February or early March. Hope that is okay. Many thanks! Don [cheers.gif]

No rush Don, I’m overstocked anyway pileon

1 Like

Don - thanks for hooking me up today! Looking forward to the wines!

1 Like

Got it Terry! Thank you! Receipt coming and we’ll let you know when the weather is good for shipping to WY safely. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Got the first parcel 2011 & 2013 today, the other coming tomorrow, a bit of a FedEx mix-up getting on or off the truck. Not as bad as last year when I forgot a CA order and by the time I discovered it never showed a couple months had passed and the seller showed me FedEx had gotten the 1/2 order, so I bought another @ half off during Covid Relief. I ordered again this BD because I like the winemaker and her house burned in the Napa Fires. BTW, I’ll open an '11 then a '13 as these are my go to OR PN especially from the Eola-Amity Hills and Bjornson to the west. [cheers.gif]

I saw the FedEx partial delivery in my notifications. Good grief! That seems to happen with a lot of multi box deliveries these days. Good plan on the '11 and '13. The '11 needs to have some sediment cleaned out of the neck and it’s ready to drink, not so much on the '13. They’re both elegant and drinking very easy. Hope you enjoy! [cheers.gif] Don

Don, I also got the '11 & '13, so when you say ‘needs to have some sediment cleaned out of the neck’ what does that mean specifically? I’ve read some stuff on the sediment being on the sides of the bottle but not the neck. I have no experience with older bottles and sediment, although I am expecting many older ones from BD.

Mine just arrived.

I’ve been through a few of the 11 and 13 and never had sediment. But sediment is not a bad thing, it’s part of the wine.

you’ll get sediment at the bottom of the bottle if it’s standing upright. Often in the neck if it’s in a typical rack on the the side.

with shipping things can get knocked around so if you want to drink immediately, I recommend popping one now, just dump it in a decanter for a couple of hours.

Drinking in the next few days? Just stand the bottle upright until you open it.

Drinking in the future? just put it down and you’re good.

Or do it like me, pop and pour straight into the glass and let the games begin. I like to nurse the first glass, swirl it, taste it as it unfolds and evolves. the wine is alive so let it move around. Fun stuff for me.

1 Like

Thanks Brig! Glad to know I don’t have to do anything crazy. [wow.gif]

1 Like

Brig is correct, sediment isn’t a bad thing, but I do like people to understand why it’s there. The 2011 is a unfiltered and unfined 10 year old pinot that has been in a case stored upside down for almost 9 years. The all-natural sediments fall out over time and collect in the neck. If it’s clean in the neck and on the cork, it’s from being moved around in shipment and it has reintegrated into the wine and will fall out again, so if you would like to clean it out, store it upside down for awhile and gently turn the bottle right side up to uncork and use your finger or tissue to clean the cork and inside of the neck of the bottle. Alternatively, a decanter works well if the wine is stored on its side. Use a light to see where the sediment has settled on the side and slowly pour into a decanter without letting the sediments move. You can search this method for better details. Or you can just give it a couple gentle shakes, uncork and pour. This is for those who like it natural and rustic! Thanks for asking. Don blahblah

It never even occurred to me that wine could be stored upside down, makes sense. Thanks for the detailed explanation!

1 Like

My order came yesterday, I stood up a 12 for tonight. When I started to pour first glass a saw some sediment come out, gave a quick wipe to the inside of the neck and was good to go. Now that I seeing the wine has been stored upside down so makes perfect sense. My Wife and I throughly enjoyed it. In fact compared to a 15 Mortet Bourgogne we drank the night before it more then held it’s own.

Ken that is awesome. Thank you for sharing! [cheers.gif]