Is it Safe to Travel to Mexico? (Puerto Vallarta) Also, Recs?

You’re a much nicer and more forgiving person than I would be in similar circumstances

My daughter and her husband arrived in PVR today. They will be staying in a resort while there. But they were in Guadalajara for the last 5 days staying in an Airbnb. She is experienced in traveling to Mexico and is a near native Spanish speaker which makes the trip easier for them.

Heard from my daughter yesterday. They have had no issues in either Guadalajara or Puerto Vallarta. They went out in a rickety boat to watch the whales yesterday. The boat sucked but the whale watching was amazing according to her.

Not sure what you are getting at but…

I am hoping to head to Mexico on Saturday. My resort is owned by the Chinese.

I blame Victor. For what… I don’t know.

George

My daughter and her husband returned from Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta yesterday. They had no issues at all.

cancun again— 2 Canadians dead and another injured after a dispute among guests at a hotel resort near Cancún, Mexico, local security officials report

Hard to figure that out. The shooter was a hotel guest. Was he Canadian also? At least he masked up before hand.

George

Yes, apparently:

“The Quintana Roo state prosecutor’s office said via Twitter that the suspect in the shooting was also apparently a guest and Canadian police informed them he was a known felon with a long record related to robbery, drug and weapons offenses. The office said both of the dead also had criminal records.”

Source: CP24

I guess someone should start a thread Is it safe to Travel to Canada? [snort.gif]

George