Is it too early to bring up BerserkerDay 2021?

Thats pretty much where I’m at. I effectively paid $21/bottle for wine I hoped was worth more and wish I’d bought a case of things like Bedrock OVZ.

Underrated post.

I am looking forward to it and will continue to support my favorite producers/wineries.

Never too early!

The logistics in the background start in December, typically a “what can we do better?” discussion, input from the people putting up offers and a bunch of the website configuration nonsense.

After that’s all locked down Todd fires off an email to the participants to start thinking about what they might offer and where the staging of offers is located. Then nobody does anything until the last week! It’s all hands on deck for those 7 days.

The last few years the number of berserkers taking a “flyer” on small unknown wineries has really increased. It’s great to see. Personally, I used last year to load up on new stuff from Oregon and have greatly enjoyed that as well as my friends who say “let me guess, you brought an Oregon?” Damn right!

We’ll start recruiting any new wineries that berserkers may request at anytime. Seems every year a few of the newbies crushing it but that takes a little more effort and arm twisting. LOL

Agreed!

I think you’ll be happily surprised at how this board will support the small guys like you. You’re the ones who make us care

Just speaking for myself, but recently I’ve really learnt the value of working with small producers and small importers and building a trusting and mutually beneficial relationship. It will never be the cheapest arrangement, but total cost of ownership (i.e. - quality across the entire transaction) is more important than the cheapest price imo.

Norlin will be back again this year. With improved efficiencies the wine bag prices have come down and the selection is really big now. Will also do a COVID special on any remaining ostrich bags from this year.

The new product is a luxury leather case to hold your Durand- sample being made right now in metallic red stingray. Hoping we can get a small production run ready in time for BD 2021.

My goal is to have my basement cellar construction done by then, so I don’t have the excuse of “nowhere to put more wine.” (Depending on how the cellar build and simultaneous kitchen remodel go, I may have the excuse of “no money left,” though!)

Ugh, too early!! So many ridiculous wine deals this year so far and I ran out of space months ago!

As a Very happy Norlin wine bag carrier, a hearty early recommendation!

I think as the result of my de Negoce’ experience I am looking forward to BD even more. I have renewed interest in knowing where my wine is from, who made it and understanding how much an order can really matter to a small producer.

will there be a groupon offering LOL

Yea, I have no regrets on my DN buys, but plenty of places I can put $20/bottle and be able to buy again.

Just looking at my calendar and there it is

Wednesday Jan 27, 2021.

Nice midweek break. Looking forward to the day.

I thought BD was always a weekend day

Always the 27th…

Looking forward to trying something from Goodfellow. Been reading tons of praise on their Pinots (and not just on this forum).

Excited to have more ‘futures’ offerings this year . . . :grin:

Don’t skip the chards either