Is there a white wine equivalent of Carlisle?

BEDROCK!!! The heirloom white is spectacular.

I’m with Brian on the countless German Riesling producers.

Many excellent & even great ones occassionally in the $20 - $35 range.

The Jos Leitz Rudesheimer Magdalenenkreuz is always an absolute no-brainer in virtually every vintage, especially @ ~ $20 per.

Maybe this isn’t quite the answer to the question, but Summer + Thirst = Cold German Riesling to me.

. . just sayin’ . . .

[drinks.gif]

I would second (or third) the Qupe suggestion. The Copain Tous Ensemble Viognier is also a winner. I recently stumbled upon a 2002 Tablas Creek Esprit Blanc in my wine closet a couple of months ago, and it was beautiful. It’s probably the best domestic white that I’ve had this year.

I will jump on the band wagon with Tablas Creek…they have quite a few beauty whites. A very solid winery.

A big +1 for Bedrock. Ditto the love for '09 Heirloom (Compagni Portis), along with the 09 Sauv Blanc. Both were outstanding, and along with Larry Schaffer’s '09 Outlier our favorite whites of the year so far. All three are about $20 and represent not just good QPR, but (IMO) could easily go up against many CA whites retailing for 2-3x the price. Unfortunately the Bedrock whites are sold out at the winery, but can still be found at retail on a very limited basis (my Bedrock reload arrives tomorrow!).
Cheers,

Steve

If we are limiting to west coast producers (though Roberto’s Alto Adige suggestion is really great)…

Peay - Chard and Viognier
Navarro - as mentioned Navarro Vineyards and Winery" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Gewurtztraminer, Pinot gris
Stony Hill - chablis-like chard, and riesling
and I may get flamed for this one…

Pine Ridge- the dijon clone chard is pretty good and the chenin-viognier blend is a great summer quaffer.