Is There World Class Italian Chardonnay?

This has been a very interesting thread for me. I have made inquiries on some of the suggestions. Thanks to all who contibuted, especially those who do not post often.

Not sure it’s world class, but I like the Passopisciaro Guardiola Bianco from Etna.

-Al

Does it have to be still? I can name a few world class Methode Chardonnay.

This is a really great recommendation. Especially if you can find their “Rarities” vintage chards.

Castello della Sala from Antinori has been really good the few times I have had it. The entry level Bramito is delicious too. I also have really enjoyed the Antica from Atlas Mountain in California.

For a country in the top #3 for wine production, we have been able to find 5/10 producers. There are more notewhorthy producers in Rully or Pernand. I wish Chardonnay was a star in Italy but it simply does not work.

Do you mean Cervaro della Sala? A beautiful wine, but a good percentage Grechetto.

I really like the white wines by the better producers of Trentino/Alto Aldige, but Chardonnay is way down on my list of grape varieties I seek from the region.

P Hickner

Does anyone have experience with Fattoria La Monacesca “Ecclesia” Chardonnay Marche?