It's Friday 5/29, what are you drinking this weekend?

I see this is on Main in SB, is it new? My wife’s family is there and I am always looking for alternatives to Mahe.

Yes on Main and fairly new. Maybe a year or two old. It’s usually hustlin and bustlin but good food and great ever changing beer selection. It’s on the last block towards the beach on the right about midway down if heading that way.

Beachwood BBQ

Thanks, I will definitely check it out.

Chateauneuf as normal, probably a Pierre Usseglio Cinquantenaire (1999) to start with and lots of other stuff! [cheers.gif]

I’m heading to Le Bec Fin here in Philly tonight – I’ll be drinking whatever the wine pairing is. I’ll try to file a report. On a side note, the wine list at Le Bec consistently disappoints. Too high end.

I started out with a nice Bandol rose. had that with a cigar (la flor dominicana).
Moved inside to watch the Giants and Cards game.

Went to the basement, fed the gimp, and pulled a bottle of wine which was the first wine I’d ever purchased a case of at one time.

2001 D’Arenberg Footbolt Shiraz.

My palate has gone WAY away from Oz but, every now and then you nibble on the home cooking.

So far, this is a pleasant surprise. Big nose of crushed red fruit, some cedar and sugared plums braising in lavender essence (channeling brad).

Really. Nice beverage.