Jadot buys Chateau de Chorey

Peter, came late to this thread for info on the 2008 Tante Berthe which I recently purchased from Jon Rimmerman @Garagiste for US $58 - he got it directly from CdC. WineLibrary has it for ~US $110. Also got some 2008 Clos du Moulin aux Moines Auxey-Duresses from him. And, the obsession begins!

Thanks to all for the insight into this wine. It is most excellent to understand how the wine is made - specific parcels of land, age of vines, and by whom!

Based on what I read here I am going to lay these down for a decade or more…

Mark - thanks for the up-date.

At US 58 for T-Berthe 08…it is a steal. There is a chance I may receive some bottle 07 and 08 T-Berthe in Quebec.

Peter, yes I was very happy with my purchase - even if I won’t really know for another 10-20 years!

Is the distribution system in Canada as kafka-esque as it is here in the US? Can you buy online from the US and ship to you in Canada, or does the PTT prevent that?

I miss Benoit. This is a great deal for both the Germain family and Jadot.

In Quebec, Canada one can only buy wines from SAQ ( a Provincial Govt body ) or private importers. Any outside purchase will be subject to duty…and lots of paper works.

Fwiw, Jadot didn’t buy Ch de Chorey…Remoissenet did…

That’s interesting.

They bought it jointly. Also, FWIW,Jadot owns 15% of Ramoissenet

Ah ha! Thanks for the clarification, Leo…

Yes. Leo - jointly is the right word.

My source told me that all the stocks went to Ramoissenet plus land of one of the 1er cru. I do not remember if it was Les Cras or the other.

A bit of thread drift, I have more 2009 Ch de Chorey than I can use, if somebody is interested…PM if so…

Anyone know what happened to the wines in 2010? Have just seen a listing for a jadot beaune vignes franches but can’t find any mention anywhere else other than when you enter that in wine-searcher it gives you jadot beaune vignes franches clos des ursules?

I believe much of the bottle-stock was purchased by Remoissenet, but as for 2010s - sorry Dan, don’t know…

I came across a 2017 Jadot Vignes Franches bottling. Is this from the Chateu de Chorey purchase?

I think Jadot bought Beaune 1er Cru Les Cras and Romoissenet took Beaune 1er Cru Teurons. FWIW, loved the ‘09 Chorey Teurons but could never find another bottle!

Remington Norman’s book indicated that there was about 1 Ha of VF and 1.3 Ha of Cras of old vines that was with Germain, which I believe the 3rd & 28th/30th posters in this thread was referring to. Best I can tell, it looks like Jadot has been consistently producing a Vignes Franches bottling starting 2015. Are they the same lots?