Kickstarter: ZOS Halo wine preservation system

Go figure… [snort.gif]

opened the two I ordered and they went together no problem. Used it on a bottle of Miner Cab this weekend. Tasted pretty close to the same on day two, much better than the vacuum seal I have used in the past.

I will probably not be using them in my business as they say it takes 30 minutes to neutralize all the oxygen. This is definitely a chemical reaction and not a mechanical solution. Over all seems to work well, probably behind a Covin in effectiveness.

They should sell quality vermouth in six-packs of Airplane bottle size.

Yes!!!

Been using them, can’t tell much of a difference between them and the WineSave canisters thus far, but I did put one in a bottle of cab Jen opened before her trip, so when she returns, it will be at least 8 days ‘preserved’, and that will be a better test of how well this works.

Ordered 5 of these for my restaurant in order to expand our wine by the glass offerings.
After reading all the comments on the Kickstarter page i decided to open 2 of the units and test it on 1 white and 1 red.
My red wine tester has a narrower neck than the white i chose, so the unit fits nice and snug in the red.

My red wine test results are as follows. Opened the bottle and poured 1 glass. Immediately placed a halo in it that had been tested and confirmed to be working.
1 day later, i poured a taster, and quickly tested the unit to confirm it’s still good and then returned it to the bottle. The wine still tasted as it should.
3 days later i poured another tasting glass, tested the unit and returned it to the bottle. Halo unit still showing green and wine still taste good.

My white wine did not go so well.
Tasted the wine 1 day after using the halo and it had already lost a lot of flavour/taste.
2 days later i poured another tester and also tested the halo unit…tested red…
The wine had lost pretty much all it’s flavour…i will not sell it in this state.
So the unit lasted 3 days in total in my white testing bottle.

I am interisted to see how long the unit will last i am using in my red testing bottle…currently not very optimistic.

This seems to be the only thread on the ZOS wine preservation system, which is on the market. Not a good sign lol. But has anyone used it extensively? I gather from comments on the WineEnthusiast page, the original cartridges had some problems that may have been resolved now.

https://www.wineenthusiast.com/zos-halo-wine-preserver-bonus-pack-with-free-oxygen-cartridge-2-pack.asp

I love mine but the cartridges run out SO fast and they are SO expensive…I just stopped using it.

Could you describe what you mean by fast Todd?

I use mine mainly for storing vermouth, and they seem to work quite well. I probably get a couple months out of an open bottle of vermouth, vs. quite a bit less without them. That said, they’re not cheap over the long haul, although they’re not bad in the intermediate (although vermouth isn’t that expensive either, so maybe I’m optimizing when I don’t need to :slight_smile:

Maybe 4 bottles??

How many times were you accessing each of those bottles?

Once - I mean ‘4 uses’ overall.

Has anyone figured out how to make these last longer than 4 uses? Their site says each cartridge lasts for 15 bottles - I don’t get anywhere NEAR that, and I always put them back in their cartridge holsters or whatever when not in use.