Kitchen Appliance Recommendations

Sorry but I can’t help. My house is about as far as one can get from air tight so we ignored the make-up air without any noticeable impacts.

When we were buying appliances a few years ago, I found little enthusiasm for subzero from the dealers we visited despite the profit they made from selling them.

Interesting. We have a 23 year old Sub Zero refrigerator that is still going strong. Has required a few repairs over the years. When it finally dies, we will almost certainly buy another one.

Here is a good resource on appliance reliability by brand. Yale only rates the brands they sell.

Maybe they don’t make them like they used to?

Curious if anyone has any recommendations on countertop ovens? We bought a new house in 2015 and have a nice 36 inch thermador, but it’s a single oven and we don’t have the footprint to add another. As we entertain more for a growing family, particularly around the holidays, I’m looking to add a countertop oven that’s functional. THe past two years I’ve gotten by using my Weber outside as a pseudo oven, but it’s not ideal for a lot of reasons and we have enough counter space to house something like this.

The Breville smart oven air seems to be really well reviewed and has a lot of functionality, but also has a $400 price tag. I’m fine paying for quality as long as the product it solid. ANyone have any thoughts here or experience with this appliance? Thanks.

May be crazy, but ever thought of adding a stand alone electric oven in the basement. Remember my grandparents always had one, only used for the Italian dinners.

I have one (Pro model) and like it but had to return 2 on warranty within 13 months. One had the inside light die in month 11 and the replacement had a noisy fconvection fan.
We use it daily and it has become an invaluble too in my kitchen.

Thank you both

Well done Mike!

Wanted to come back and update this as the evenness problem in the oven seems to be largely resolving itself over time. Its not perfect but its a lot better than it was. For things like the pizza and meatloaf, I no longer feel the need to turn the pan. We baked some cookies a week or two ago and didn’t turn the first batch and while it still wasn’t perfect, it was acceptable. We did turn the remaining batches just to keep things as consistent as possible.

The broiler remains an uneven mess.

I’ll second both of these. The Blue Star is the best range I’ve ever used. It’s really like a professional kitchen, but the burners take some getting used to if you’re not used to that output and open flame.

The pot filler seems like an extravagance, but it is one of our favorite things that we did and we recommend it to anyone who is doing a kitchen re-model.

Our Thermador 48 inch Professional Grill (dual-fuel,proofing oven & convection oven, 4 burners,griddle & grill) is 24 years old & the grill has given up the ghost. Parts needed are not available.
I am looking to replace, choosing between the Thermador , Wolf or Viking in same size & format.
Any opinions on recent purchase by anybody ?